My upcoming crpg

Author Topic: My upcoming crpg  (Read 2432 times)

I've been working on an Iban edit for a while now and I'm getting to a somewhat late-stage in development so I figured it'd be a good time to spark up a topic featuring some of my ideas so that people can steal them and make their own version before I'm finished with mine

Really I'm trying to put more of an emphasis on things to do, stuff to buy that isn't guns, stuff to see, and roleplay, because we all know the current formula of get cash > get lot > get guns > freekill is kinda boring as hell. I'm working on a relatively large map but I'm also trying to not stuff on the brick count, I'm currently at about 50,000 bricks which is probably too much lol

Some stuff I've changed so far
- there's a cash penalty for starving to death
- ores like gold are more valuable than ores like dirt now
- scrapped reincarnation and instead just opted to let people level up their education a lot
- instead of buying "outfits" you can buy individual colors for your shirt and pants and shoes, and even decals and faces. they're pretty expensive, so selling clothes is actually a decent way to make cash
- instead of having a million random jobs with crap like "aoki's cosplayer" and "thrice born" you have a couple classes, like laborer, hunter, criminal, cop, ect with 6 "levels" in each category
- guns are pretty damn expensive and the seller will earn 10% of the price it sells for
- the baton and taser wont do anything to anyone who isn't wanted. makes arresting people a bit easier without having to spam "paying" in the chat whenever some dumbforget with a hammer decides to get in the way of your baton. however you do get fined for smacking everyone with a baton trying to check them for drugs
- there's a new vehicle spawn system, you have to pay money to set a vehicle to a spawn brick, and a smaller percentage of that price to respawn it
- there's a "stock" system for selling items, you purchase a stock brick and keep it filled with stock in order to sell items from it
- you can do a bunch of stuff around the map like picking flowers, mowing lawns, hunting skeletons and dinosaurs and stuff, collecting garbage and picking trash up off the street
- you can rob the bank
- you can escape from prison

pics:

large wilderness area north of the city, lots of trees here and wild mushrooms and berries that allow you to live off the land a little. you can come out here if you maybe want to retreat or maybe hide from the cops a while in the woods

big desert south of the mountain. not much to see here unless you're a miner, you'll find the most ore deposits in this area

scary dark forest full of bad guys south of the mountain. kill these dudes for some cash

small town to the east of the city in the plains. nice place for lumberjacks because there's lots of trees

you can go camping in the plains if you feel like hunting dinosaurs and such

The big main city, I suspect most of the stores will end up here

Anyways I've still got a lot of ideas im working on and I still need to iron out the more complicated details of getting a working dedicated server that doesn't run like garbage on my bad internet, but if you have any questions or comments or suggestions feel free to leave them down below

What I really need at the moment is some animal bots, like dear and stuff like that which will make hunting a bit cooler. I also need a garbage truck lmao, currently you have to put trash bags in a modified kamekaze truck which I can sorta get away with but it doesnt really make any sense

...more valuable than ores like dirt now...
Didn't knew dirt were considered an ore :P

Man, this crpg seems like everything I ever wanted in a City RPG:
Big open maps not filled with holes, terrain, upgraded shops, actual decent tailor job, not getting fined when hitting an innocent, doing dungeons to earn cash at the start instead of laboring your way though, ...

Although I am a bit concerned about paying to respawn your vehicles.
It will mean vehicles get stuck in walls everywhere and people are too poor to respawn so they just stay there.
With Blocklands physics you can get stuck in the stupidest of places.

Plus, you need a vehicle in such a big map.
Maybe add a cheap bike option or something, you can get 100 bots anyway.

Its a shame this probably wont last longer than a month or two, most crpgs die quick :(

Its a shame this probably wont last longer than a month or two, most crpgs die quick :(

wowww okay

That main city is way too big. Good luck filling up more than 10% of it with quality builds.

way to kill the mood. there was no need to talk about impending server death when its not even out jfc

That main city is way too big. Good luck filling up more than 10% of it with quality builds.
Why not have Quality Control? (Get people to buy Pre-Built purchasable lots?)

Why not have Quality Control? (Get people to buy Pre-Built purchasable lots?)
you, lol

(Get people to buy Pre-Built purchasable lots?)
When I think of that, I always think of Sylvanor.

Although I am a bit concerned about paying to respawn your vehicles.
It will mean vehicles get stuck in walls everywhere and people are too poor to respawn so they just stay there.
With Blocklands physics you can get stuck in the stupidest of places.

yeahh I had a lot of faith in mod-ter at first but it's still a source of frustration. the re-spawn cost is really quite cheap but i'll probably scrap it anyway

if it lasts a week I'll be surprised because I'm amateur as forget when it comes to hosting anything. I'll most likely run like a couple betas or whatever to kinda test the waters and see where we're at with long term sustainability, mod wise, then i'll have to figure how I'm going to get a long term dedicated server

Better than it being too small imo. It doesn't really matter how quality the builds are to me as long as everyone's having fun. I hate saving up a ton of cash in a CRPG only to find out there's no lots 64x lots left lmao
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 08:31:56 PM by Rally »

i'd personally won't recommend using an iban edit more likely because they are broken and can be cheated, not to mention the concept seems a bit boring, no offense

but i'd love to play this server however, regardless if it is an iban edit or not. wish i can help if there's any help needed to be done

you can go camping in the plains if you feel like hunting dinosaurs and such
>:o

so what makes this one better than the one jasa posted about not that long ago?

so what makes this one better than the one jasa posted about not that long ago?

It's not going to be lol, Jasa's been working on CRP for 6 years and has an exponentially better understand of Torque than I do

i'd personally won't recommend using an iban edit more likely because they are broken and can be cheated, not to mention the concept seems a bit boring, no offense
but i'd love to play this server however, regardless if it is an iban edit or not. wish i can help if there's any help needed to be done

as much as I'd love to build something from scratch, it'd take way more time and skill than I currently have
Iban edits in their current state are actually very successful in comparison to the average server if you ask me. The idea is to try to deliver the best experience possible on top of a formula that already produces results