Turok-The dinosaur hunter styled map (IMAGE HEAVY)

Author Topic: Turok-The dinosaur hunter styled map (IMAGE HEAVY)  (Read 1698 times)

I was digging around my old, old saves in my folder at my old computer when I saw this one that caught my attention. It was called "Turok.bls", nothing else, along a JPG with a little squary map with green plates and a brown wall, along with a fence. I sent it to me , and the only thing in the save was that. I decided to upgrade it adding blocky styled terrain, more map extension GOOD PROGRAMMED BOTS! and so on. Thats the start of how i recreated a styled version of one of my childhood videogame saga, Turok.

FEATURES
-My first try at terrain builds (really bad, so i opted for blocky styled terrain, no slopes or anything)
-Quite a good evented bots. With this I mean: Randomly pigmented raptors (with 2 exceptions). Killed bots wont reappear, ever. The killed bots will reappear once the minigame is reset.
-A boss
-Different regions
-Lineal gameplay, just like the original game.
-Some chat eventing and inventory messages such as Inventory: Added +1 ORO enforcer shotgun
-Dinosaurs
-Different types of each dinosaur species (this is being worked on, for now, you can encounter baby, juvenile and full adult raptors)
-Fast paced gameplay: Nearly no calm place, if there is a calm place, consider the next area the worst.
-All the areas have atleast 1 dinosaur (Variety!)

And now, pictures!

First area
First area (another angle)
End of first area
Cave zone (bland as forget) It may be hard to notice, but it has some rocks, some pointy roof rocks and so on. If it wasnt all gray...
End of cave zone
1st T-rex Boss
End of "hell" area

Tree zone

Forgot to say that you can find dead human bots. If they are armed, you can pick up his weapon, and his will be removed. Its another example of a little advanced eventing.

Rate x/10! Constructive criticism, and consider this is my first terrain build please!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 01:59:13 PM by danielmoya »

kind of blank, but iirc thats how turok was too

kind of blank, but iirc thats how turok was too
What do you mean with blank? And thanks for the criticism guys.
Im also missing some bricks. The tree zone was supposed to be fenced and have detailed floor. Sorry bout that.

What do you mean with blank? And thanks for the criticism guys.
Im also missing some bricks. The tree zone was supposed to be fenced and have detailed floor. Sorry bout that.
its undetailed

its undetailed
I know, I just dont know what to add. Maybe I should add more rocks, dead bodies, dinosaur bones etc.

try spreading out the trees and making them different colours to make it seem more natural

One thing you should do is consider creating differences in elevation of the ground, and build the terrain as you go along. One of the most common things people do is make one flat plane and then just slap stuff onto it.

Nonetheless love Turok and this feels like a complete build, nice!

Will try all of these. If I had more dinosaurs, I would make a mini-boss series. Next will probably be a Desert region

looks fun, you should host this. I would definitely play.

u should get the doom armor add-on since turok had that armor pickup