NO MANS SKY GOT UPDATED!

Author Topic: NO MANS SKY GOT UPDATED!  (Read 4121 times)

They updated it...right before Watch_Dogs 2 PC, Final Fantasy XV, Steep, Dead Rising 4...

I guess this is good for the fanbase, though.

[img ]http://i.imgur.com/hIZwhHF.png[/img]
THEY LISTENED

Biome specific plants? What did they mean by biomes

Except this game literally doesn't deserve good press. Even pre launch this game was a setup for disappointment. It's also extremely pathetic that the dev team finally managed to add the FIRST update after 4 months without even lowering the cost to something more realistic for such a crap product.

It's not the 'first update' lmfao it's the first CONTENT update which basically added the entire base game's worth of content on top of itself for free, after probably the worst stufftening-on a game dev company has ever received in the last 5 years.

They reduced the cost by %40 on it's first sale only 4 months after it came out, and after the financial turd they received post launch that's probably a loving steal.

all three people who were playing this game before the update are happy

It's not the 'first update' lmfao it's the first CONTENT update

He probably meant the first significant update, assuming the rest were bugfixes.

which basically added the entire base game's worth of content on top of itself for free,

Aren't all updates expected to be free? I may not be a hardcore gamer, but I know having to buy the base game and then its updates is pathetic.

after probably the worst stufftening-on a game dev company has ever received in the last 5 years.

They got crapped on for a good reason - tons of money spent on blank promises.

They reduced the cost by %40 on it's first sale only 4 months after it came out, and after the financial turd they received post launch that's probably a loving steal.

They did that discount because they had a ton of money already. Of course they do that to attract customers.

I'm gonna quote everyone that said the game woudn't be updated.

You gonna quote me saying it would be great if the game got a big update? Gosh that would sure show me about for optimistic about the game's future content-wise

Biome specific plants? What did they mean by biomes

It's not the 'first update' lmfao it's the first CONTENT update which basically added the entire base game's worth of content on top of itself for free, after probably the worst stufftening-on a game dev company has ever received in the last 5 years.

"entire base base games worth of content"

So what they took two hours of gameplay content and made it 4 hours?
There still isn't much content to the game lmfao

Also don't even try and act like they didn't deserve the stuff they got. They deserved every last criticism

Edit: praising them for making the update free is also ridiculous
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 01:13:10 PM by Nickpb 4.0 »

"entire base base games worth of content"
So what they took two hours of gameplay content and made it 4 hours?
There still isn't much content to the game lmfao
Also don't even try and act like they didn't deserve the stuff they got. They deserved every last criticism
Edit: praising them for making the update free is also ridiculous

I'm not "praising" them for making it free, it's just weird to me that you won't accept it as a good thing even though it's at literally nobody's expense except the actual developers. You are literally complaining that free content was not delivered to you fast enough after you stuff on the game constantly for months. For not having enough cheap content, no less.

Boo hoo you didn't get much out of the game. I don't get much out of JRPG's. A lot of people do.

Aren't all updates expected to be free? I may not be a hardcore gamer, but I know having to buy the base game and then its updates is pathetic.

I mean ideally yeah, but no. A good example would be ARK getting DLC before it's even 'officially released'.

They got crapped on for a good reason - tons of money spent on blank promises.

They literally just delivered on one of their biggest promises. Probably tells you a thing or two about that "good" reason.

They did that discount because they had a ton of money already. Of course they do that to attract customers.

Pretty sure it went on discount because it's the thanksgiving sale lol. Not a lot of full priced games go almost half off a quarter year after they're released.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 01:58:27 PM by Rally »

lol what's the point of stuffting on the game? people who enjoy it can enjoy it, just keep to yourselves. you're not changing their opinions.

there still just not enough to this game imo (emphasis on the opinion part). personally, i like a game with lots of ai or real player interactions. i like to feel like the games actually alive and stuff is happening outside of what im doing, especially in a game like NMS. where are the established civilizations, the fleets battling it out in the middle of the galaxy? the limited ai interaction you have now is just repetitive and incredibly dull. and can someone please explain why i can't play this with a friend, it makes no sense. i wasnt a huge minecraft fan, but playing survival with someone or a group of people was always a good time. im not so much pushing for integration of a full multiplayer experience, with random players flying around the galaxy with you, but let me hop in a friends game or something.

now if youre just really into the exploring aspect, then yeah its got some good base content, but id like to see a lil more from this game. im glad to see theyre updating it, and ill probably peep this new update but, still the game is just to dry for me in its current state

#1 trending on steam charts lmfao

The comms terminal gives me hope for future multiplayer development. It feels like they're slowly moving towards that Dark Souls almost type of multiplayer

I just discovered a planet that has zero alien outsides on it.

The planet was fully dead. No life not even vegetation. No alien outposts. It was weird

The planet was fully dead. No life not even vegetation. No alien outposts. It was weird
they added moons and dead planets to the game