Author Topic: The Serial Killer that stole Christmas series - Episode 1  (Read 1020 times)

I made the start of a series. Its pretty short and it took about one hour total of acting and editing to make. I plan on making more as I get more actors, and they will be longer - about 3-4 minutes long each.
Here is episode 1:

Click to watch!

More to come soon, probably next week.
Any suggestions or criticism?
If you want to act pm me your steam name.

-reservt so I can post a list of all episodes when the rest come out-

Its kinda tribal that the killer is a naked black man
Sarcams

Its kinda tribal that the killer is a naked black man
Sarcams
I know you said sarcasm, but its actually a shadow so you don't know who the killer is. The killer was at the dinner party as someone.

The video is really boring, everything is droned out and nothing really happens. Some random nitpicks:

• Why is there an obnoxious typewriter sound effect?
  • Why do the police have weapons drawn when the murder happened the night before?
  • The knife's right behind them, grab it, DNA test I guess, bam, got your guy.
  • The residents don't really seem alive, but that's probably because of actors, I can understand that. But...
  • The acting really isn't all that great, residents who are moving are moving awkwardly and don't actually seem like they're interacting with each other.

i like it if i do say so myself 

Thanks for including me in this.
(Back seat of the car scene.)

The video is really boring, everything is droned out and nothing really happens. Some random nitpicks:
Its more like an intro video to set the scene, also a murder happens.
  • Why is there an obnoxious typewriter sound effect?
You must be the only one who thinks that, I asked others - also its the best one I could find.
  • Why do the police have weapons drawn when the murder happened the night before?
To keep people away and prevent the murderer from returning.
  • The knife's right behind them, grab it, DNA test I guess, bam, got your guy.
Rubber gloves are a thing.
  • The residents don't really seem alive, but that's probably because of actors, I can understand that. But...
I agree with this, im going to use film bots now.
  • The acting really isn't all that great, residents who are moving are moving awkwardly and don't actually seem like they're interacting with each other.
It isnt a theatre movie, acting doesnt have to be 10/10 with facial expressions.

[/list]

(Responding to Paint above, unquotable)

The typewriter sound effect is annoying if the text isn't progressively typed. The typing
may even be less or more letters than used in the text.

Also, startacker asked why police had weapons drawn before the murder, not after it.

Also, startacker asked why police had weapons drawn before the murder, not after it.
No, I meant after, they're pointing weapons at the house :|

(Responding to Paint above, unquotable)

The typewriter sound effect is annoying if the text isn't progressively typed. The typing
may even be less or more letters than used in the text.

Yeah it would take me ages to make the typing slowly progress since I use movie maker, but Im gonna take the time next episode.