Author Topic: [News] Electors Plot to Sabotage Donald Annoying Orange  (Read 4622 times)

the purpose of that system was to protect from a tyranny of the majority, which is not the case with this election
I'll leave it up to the electors to decide if it isn't or isn't.

not to mention that 15 states have laws against being a faithless elector so it's not as big of a part of the system as you think it is
Yes, but these "laws against it" are very minor, and have never actually been enforced.
I could only find one source specifying what "minor" meant, and the only example it gave was a $1000 fine, which is really trivial in the scope of how much is spent on politics.
If you can find more info on what the penalties are, that would be great and very informative. I'd like to see it broken down state by state, but I couldn't find it myself.

also, can you stop this high-horse "you either like it or you don't" stuff?
you can be critical of something you like, that's how progress works
There's a lot of people on your side of this issue, so forgive me if I'm mixing names up.
The problem I have is with the people saying this is "the death of democracy" when earlier they made no hesitation to consistently remind everyone that "America isn't a democracy"
Yes, you can support a system while having criticisms. But you can't (if it was you) say "democracy is dying" while at the same time saying "America isn't a democracy"

Bruh, electors can vote contrary to their district's vote, and it is not illegal, and the highest punishment is a fine, aside from it being a poor decision from a personal political blunder.