Sports gamemode?

Author Topic: Sports gamemode?  (Read 825 times)

As far as I know, there is only Soccer (European Football) in BL. I haven't seen Baseball or Bowling. So would it be a bad idea to try and make some other sports? I'm just curious for the sake of new and original servers (a topic which I know has been basically beaten to death). Stuff like Hockey and Lacrosse could be cool in BL.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section). Edit: I have been informed that there are sports such as Dodgeball, Ping Pong, BasketBall and American Football.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 04:31:09 PM by DodgeViperAcr16 »

Basketball was done
Oops, forgot about that one.

I believe we have some Tennis racks as well, however I don't think I've seen any servers do a real tennis match. Sticking with the theme though, what about American Ninja Warrior? I don't know if you would need any events for some of the obstacles but something like that would be pretty sweet if you combined it with the Fluidity playertype (Is that what it's called?).

there've been table tennis matches and american football as well

There's also dodgeball and ping pong

Huh, looks like I'm more forgetful than I thought. I'll probably update the OP.
There's also dodgeball and ping pong
I played on a Dodgeball server a few times, however I didn't know they had ping pong.
there've been table tennis matches and american football as well
They have American football? Seriously? I really didn't know that. Do they have matches like "Denver Broncos vs The Green Bay Packers?"

I'm not a sports fan myself but I thought adding in some more types of sports might make for some more interesting things to do in BL, rather than just RPs and Freebuilds.

Several people, including myself, have hosted football games before. It's pretty fun when everyone knows what they're doing, but extremely difficult to organize.

Several people, including myself, have hosted football games before. It's pretty fun when everyone knows what they're doing, but extremely difficult to organize.
You wouldn't want me on your team then. That aside, I wonder (in a gamemode scenario) if it would be possible to make a UI that makes you choose if you could be the quarterback or the runner, after that it would put you on your place in the field according to your choice. I guess the amount of rules would be a massive pain to try and implement though.