Author Topic: Fix for Blockland taking super-loving long to start up  (Read 1042 times)

Simple explanation and fix:
DInput8.dll isn't in the Blockland/ folder. To fix it, download it here, then move it into your Blockland folder or copy it from C:\Windows\System32 into your Blockland/ folder.

Technical explanation:
Code: [Select]
LoadLibraryA("DInput8.dll"); <- it cannot find the file, no functions are registered
DirectInput8Create(GetProcAddress("DInput8.dll"), version, blah blah); <-  invalid function, will not execute
sub_(address censored to keep badspot happy)(ecx); <- it gets caught up here with all of it's checks, not returning to regular execution
honestly I don't know how it returns execution from that subroutine and or how it manages to load the dll normally, but somehow it manages to.
anyways, wine isn't affected- congrats linux users. for windows users, this is a permanent fix (badspot, please include it with future installations of blockland)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:34:11 PM by Metario »

I tried this just now, and I saw nothing different. This could be because the dll is on an ssd, but I doubt that. Maybe only you got that issue. Good that you found it and I do hope that there's users that might find this useful.

I don't really notice anything different either

i should clarify- this is meant to fix the issue where your blockland will crash and refuse to start up for a while.

I am not sure if it is just me, but if I use Stud_PE and upload the dll into the exe with the function "DirectInput8Create", it seems to start up a lot faster than usual.