Author Topic: 2 muzzlePoints help?  (Read 1427 times)

I have a double sided melee weapon do i just put two muzzlepoints on each end?

Nah, doesn't work like that. There's no way to get any other point on a mounted image other than the single muzzle point. You have to just do math otherwise.

explain how your double sided melee weapon works? is it supposed to hit people twice or something?

explain how your double sided melee weapon works? is it supposed to hit people twice or something?
No both sides are supposed to hit when you fire

What about just having the projectile fire from the player's eye point like Weapon_Sword does?

Or placing the muzzle point in the middle of the blades?

What about just having the projectile fire from the player's eye point like Weapon_Sword does?

Yeah, most if not all melee weapons do fire from the eye point, rather than the muzzle point.

Or placing the muzzle point in the middle of the blades?
you can't animate muzzle points

No both sides are supposed to hit when you fire
how does the weapon swing/move? i can't see a melee weapon hitting someone with both sides of the weapon in just one swing.

how does the weapon swing/move? i can't see a melee weapon hitting someone with both sides of the weapon in just one swing.
Its a doublesided lightsaber with animation

I didn't say anything about animating the muzzle point though

When i said to place the muzzle point between the blades, i meant something like this

That's how the dual lightsaber in RTB 1.x worked, who needs realism? :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:37:51 PM by Masterlegodude »