Poll

which speedkart is the best overall (play with them first!)

SpeedKart
0 (0%)
SpeedKart 64
3 (7.5%)
SpeedKart 7
1 (2.5%)
SpeedKart Blocko
3 (7.5%)
SpeedKart Buggy
1 (2.5%)
SpeedKart Classic
1 (2.5%)
SpeedKart Classic GT
0 (0%)
SpeedKart Formula
0 (0%)
SpeedKart Hotrod
1 (2.5%)
SpeedKart Hover
1 (2.5%)
SpeedKart Hyperion
2 (5%)
SpeedKart Jeep
3 (7.5%)
SpeedKart LeMans
3 (7.5%)
SpeedKart Muscle
1 (2.5%)
SpeedKart Original
0 (0%)
SpeedKart Vintage
0 (0%)
SuperKart
8 (20%)
SuperKart ATV
0 (0%)
SuperKart Jetski
1 (2.5%)
SuperKart Hover
1 (2.5%)
SuperKart Plane
2 (5%)
mac do you like loving cats?
8 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: speedkart [very heavily modified]  (Read 7552 times)

that requires players download a client add-on to be able to hear those sounds.
Really? Is there a topic about it somewhere?

that requires players download a client add-on to be able to hear those sounds.
No they don't, what are you talking about? If you mean downloading sounds, they just need to have that enabled.

No they don't, what are you talking about? If you mean downloading sounds, they just need to have that enabled.

unless you want to make three to four different looping sounds for every single point of speed that a vehicle gets to (which don't transition well), it's not possible to do pitched sounds like that without a client add-on shown in the video.

Really? Is there a topic about it somewhere?

it's for suburbia, it should be in the thread somewhere.

unless you want to make three to four different looping sounds for every single point of speed that a vehicle gets to (which don't transition well), it's not possible to do pitched sounds like that without a client add-on shown in the video.
I get what you're saying now, I didn't bother to look at the video. Yes it can require a client, but there are other ways that it doesn't need a client.

Now I looked at the video it does seem he has a client for it (look at the bottom right - yes this could just be something client-side but it's just an assumption)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 02:54:49 PM by Kyuande »

the speedometer is something unrelated to my engine sounds mod. the engine sounds mod is client side only because the smooth pitched sounds can only be done on the client side nicely

you could increase the amount of sounds from three or four to something like 8 or 16, but it'll still sound horrible because you'll be able to notice a sharp pitch increase/decrease as you go faster/slower
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:14:57 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

the speedometer is something unrelated to my engine sounds mod. the engine sounds mod is client side only because the smooth pitched sounds can only be done on the client side nicely

you could increase the amount of sounds from three or four to something like 8 or 16, but it'll still sound horrible because you'll be able to notice a sharp pitch increase/decrease as you go faster/slower

I wonder if it would help to make a 'gear changing' sound that plays at the very start and end of each sound so that 1 sound can transition to any other sound without hearing a jump. I think Bushido did this with his karts (which he never released and I'm still annoyed about this years later).

For those wondering what this edited version actually does, it is purely a change in the handling of the karts. These karts have stronger brakes and sharper steering to allow the karts to slide around corners and make it possible to drive around sharp bends at high speed. The rest of the stuff in the mod is the same as the default speedkart mode.

There's also what appears to be a few gag items, and 2 new carts that were not in the gamemode, SpeedKart Hover (in the updated pack) and SpeedKart Original (don't know what this is, older version?) also an integrated boombox command.

I've been hosting this a bit and I have to say it's really good. I don't understand the name snailkart though, it got a lot of people assuming it was like super slow karts or something.