does anyone see the similarities between the 60's and now?

Author Topic: does anyone see the similarities between the 60's and now?  (Read 3531 times)

a seemingly unending war in which there are EXTREME protests about what war is this Obama ended the occupation of both countries

presidential scandals regularly a thing

marijuana except it was illegal back then

womens rights pffft haha

immigration explain this

nuclear weaponry absolutely nowhere near as relevant as in the 60s, only relevant because "umgz Annoying Orange wwiii"

the gay rights movements minus the fact that they have all the rights now

the new left is even more vapid and dumb than the old new left

beatles = one direction? the Beatles were artisan musicians who practiced their craft nearly every second of every day, one direction is a money-making group of talentless forgetboys for Simon Cowell

second wave feminism pfffffffffffffffffffffffffft AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it all seems like one big circle
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:54:40 PM by Tactical Nuke »

kek, are you as dull as i seem to think you are? wikipedia, history books. heard of em?
please do not give me a history lesson

as mark twain puts it: "history does not repeat itself, it rhymes."

real talk you're making some awfully big generalizations that really water down whatever kind of point you're trying to make

a seemingly unending war in which there are EXTREME protests about happening since the turn of the millennium, Vietnam didn't last that long.

presidential scandals happens every election

marijuana Various states didn't legalize marijuana in the 60s and marijuana has always been relevant so ???

womens rights Agree

immigration I don't know what you mean

nuclear weaponry Nothing nearly as dire as the Cuban missile crCIA, which was in the 70s.

the gay rights movements Agree

the new left At least the hippies weren't in power back then

beatles = one direction? Grasping at straws/boybands have always been relevant since the 60s

second wave feminism Feminism may have had a speck of credibility back then but nowadays it's pointless

it all seems like one big circle
im just suggesting marijuana's presence in the us

im just suggesting marijuana's presence in the us
the declaration of independence was written on hemp, dude

marijuana has been in the US since before the US was a thing

nuclear weaponry Nothing nearly as dire as the Cuban missile crCIA, which was in the 70s.
I'm gonna nitpick and say the crCIA was in 1962, not the 70s

One Direction and the Beatles don't have anything common other than strong studio production. Sonically 1D is rooted more in synth-pop of the 1980s, only acutely refined and commercialized, while the Beatles emerged from the beat movement and were influenced by folk, and later even eastern culture. Also Lennon's solo material (+ material with Yoko) was politically charged. Them being the most popular pop groups of their decade is very shallow grounds for comparison.