Author Topic: Another loving Zombie Apocalypse Game (Roger Patterson)  (Read 6287 times)

This is a forum game. There are rules to this forum game

Rules

1. nothing absolutely loving crazy
EX.
You are lunged at by a zombie, what do you do?
forget it. like, literally forget it
Don't do this
HOWEVER, your character can still be "Dead Rising" like, if you please. so, someone who still has comedic effects in the Zombie Apocalypse

2. don't pull random items out of your ass. whatever's in your inventory is what you have.

3. Respect eachothers choices in the comments. don't make fun of someone for their idea.

FIRST STAGE: CREATING A CHARACTER

Before we start, we need a protagonist. there are rules to this however.
1. Only humans. Despite Orion & Xexal being cool, they're unrealistic (neither is the zombie apocalypse, but we're keeping it The Walking Dead style)

2. Keep it appropriate. nobody wearing richard costumes/gimp costumes or anything of the sort.

3.you cannot spawn with high-tier weapons (guns, explosives, etc.) or items (armor, plating, ammunition)
you may choose from Bats, Fireaxes, Machetes, Clubs, Kukris, Knives, or literally nothing (bare fists)

4. In order to create a character, comment it's description, appearance, and stats. to know stats, check near the bottom of this post to know the basic stats/perks/traits.
If you can draw, post a picture of your character. even if you can't draw, try if you want :-)

LOCATIONS TO SPAWN
Here, you will be able to choose where you spawn. there are 5 locations to choose from:
Florida
Texas
New York
California
Georgia
The location doesn't really matter, it just changes certain locations & effects

Stats
Intelligence
Stealth
Strength
Attitude
Composure
Speed

These 6 are the main 6 stats you can get.
Please apply these numbers to them:

These numbers define the abilities you may have.
a higher number equals a higher score, which is better. haveing a higher number means you have a better chance of winning an encounter related to a stat.

Perks

Choose one perk
Heavy Hitter: Slower, more powerful melee attacks
Beserk: Only fists, +5 to Strength, -2 to attitude & intelligence
Athlete: +3 to Speed, +1 to strength
Sociopath: +5 to intelligence,+3 stealth, -5 Attitude, only evil paths allowed
Math Addict: +4 to Intelligence, -2 Strength
"Christopher Nolan Joker Syndrome": +5 Intelligence, 50% Chance to frighten opponent, Attitude

Traits

Choose one trait
Seducer: 50% chance to seduce opponent.
Friend of Dog: 50% Chance to recruit wild dogs when found
Low food intake: Take in half of food count, frail body
Intimidating 25% chance to half someone's composure.
Friend: 30% chance to befriend an opponent
Not your friend: 15% chance to befriend opponent, 300% damage towards them in that moment

If there is something you don't understand, please let me know

Everyone currently in:
Rabbot32 - "Roger Patterson"
Bwopper - "Jackson A. Smith"
tber123 - "Stanislav Mann"
Space1255 - "Lief Requiston"
SWAT one - "Jorg Bjorn Magnus"
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 12:59:42 PM by BLockyBuildingBro »

what the forget it was locked?
my bad, everyone

Oh yes, almost forgot:

I will be choosing a "main character" through a random selector.
all other characters will be met along the way
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 07:21:45 PM by BLockyBuildingBro »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 05:26:35 AM by BLockyBuildingBro »

Name: Roger Patterson
Starting Equipment: Waterproof Trenchcoat, Waterproof Hat, Broken .38 revolver (Can't be fired, only useful for threatening and hitting stuff), Cigarettes, Cigarette lighter
Stats:
Int: 19+5
Gotta be smart to solve crimes.
Stealth: 5
Roger ain't small. Or inconspicuous.
Strength: 32
Being a boxer left him strong.
Attitude: 3
"Your husband died doin' something handicapped and I won't miss 'em." What a way with words.
Comp: 20
Takes a strong stomach to investigate dead bodies...
Speed: 7
He's faster than he looks. Not by much.

Perk: Nolan Joker Syndrome
A lotta jackasses try to pull off the intimidating PI look. A lotta them don't. He does. Being a detective helps, too.
Trait: Seducer
He looks a bit like Bogart...deeper voice with a heavy rasp, too.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 10:11:19 AM by Rabbot32 »

In my country you made this thread at 0:30 AM.

Forums are slow by nature unless it's chock-full of forumers so be patient. Give it a day, not just 3 hours.

I may join once I'm back from school.

Name: Roger Patterson
Starting Equipment: Waterproof Trenchcoat, Waterproof Hat, Broken .38 revolver (Can't be fired, only useful for threatening and hitting stuff), Cigarettes, Cigarette lighter
Stats:
Int: 10
Gotta be smart to solve crimes.
Stealth: 5
Roger ain't small. Or inconspicuous.
Strength: 9
Being a boxer left him strong.
Attitude: 3
"Your husband died doin' something handicapped and I won't miss 'em." What a way with words.
Comp: 10
Takes a strong stomach to investigate dead bodies...
Speed: 7
He's faster than he looks. Not by much.

Perk: Nolan Joker Syndrome
A lotta jackasses try to pull off the intimidating PI look. A lotta them don't. He does. Being a detective helps, too.
Trait: Seducer
He looks a bit like Bogart...deeper voice with a heavy rasp, too.

This is actually a good character design, but you're missing some things.
1. Use the numbers I have left for ya.
2. (this is honesly something I forgot like a dingus) 10 is the medium. a 9 in strength means you're "OK"
3.Pick a Trait & Perk

I don't get the numbers. What's wrong with my stats exactly?

well, for one, your character is... underpowered.
you gave yourself weak-ish stats.
instead of using
try using these numbers:

ALSO I somehow managed to miss your trait & perk entirely. sorry about that.
apply your stat modifiers aftr number placement.
(Remember, 10 is the middle score. 11 is 1 above average, 9 is one below average.)

your character is very interesting. I like it and hope to see it in the future if you're not chosen
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 02:26:39 PM by BLockyBuildingBro »

Name: Big Baby (Jackson A. Smith)
Starting Equipment: Pack of diapers, full bottle of milk, backpack, 12 set of twinkies, little doll shaped as a baby.
Stats:

Trait: Friend
Background Info: Abused as a child, Jackson Smith barely went out of his apartment, but he trained and worked out over the years, he had nothing else to do. Eventually, when he becomes 23, hes free from his abusive parents, but all he had was some baby diapers, twinkies, and a baby bottle as he still thought he was a child. Whines and gives a whole bunch of 'tude to those who don't feed him. Although nice, he's a heavy brute able to smash some zombies.

The stats I left weak were left weak for a reason. I fixed it.

Name: Big Baby (Jackson A. Smith)
Starting Equipment: Pack of diapers, full bottle of milk, backpack, 12 set of twinkies, little doll shaped as a baby.
Stats:

Trait: Friend
Background Info: Abused as a child, Jackson Smith barely went out of his apartment, but he trained and worked out over the years, he had nothing else to do. Eventually, when he becomes 23, hes free from his abusive parents, but all he had was some baby diapers, twinkies, and a baby bottle as he still thought he was a child. Whines and gives a whole bunch of 'tude to those who don't feed him. Although nice, he's a heavy brute able to smash some zombies.

well, it's something.
but what are your stats assigned to? you just have numbers. do something like this:
Comp:12
Str:10
Snk:8
and so on.

also, forget it. try making your own stats. nobody seems to be following the rules. balance them, or they will not be chosen

Name: Stanislav Mann
Starting Equipment: Broken laptop, briefcase on wheels, sunglasses, t-shirt, jeans
Intelligence: 17
Stealth: 12
Strength: 6
Attitude: 10
Composure: 8
Speed: 10
Starting Perk and Trait: Math Addict, Friend Of Dog
Info: Used to be a college student before the apocalypse struck. At least he won't be paying tuition anymore.

These are good characters. I like em!
I've been designing music and bosses for it as well.

-=the character submission deadline is 12/25/2016=-