Author Topic: Unnamed "Stop it, Slender!" With 2 aliens (Updates)  (Read 2453 times)

12/08/16
I literally just started this today

I have no idea what to call this. i'll probably make a name for it, but in the meantime, observe my stuff, and give it your own name.
What the forget is this?
This was inspired by Alien: Isolation and Stop It Slender, 2 games I like (one of which is a mod)
What's the point?
To (Plot A. move in as a rescue team to rescue the people stuck within a locked blast room, due to a power shortage onboard, go to the generator room (bottom floor) and move back (top floor).) Pretty short, not thought out all the way through.
OR
(Plot 2. You are a team of survivors of the alien/human war onboard the S.S. Orion, and must turn on the power in the generator room to reach the blast room to escape from the alien menaces)
why should I care?
no one said you had to.

CURRENTLY BUILT LOCATIONS:
Testing hall/airlock room
A simple airlock. not much else

AYYLMAOS
XENOMORPHS:
Alright now these forgeters are fast, silent(mostly) and deadly. but big as a loving horse, easily noticeable in light, and stunnable.
due to their size, they can not go through vents

MUTALIDS:
Average size, 1 hit to kill you, average speed, and can go through vents

PLANNED FEATURES

Camera System: access camera maps, and make people hate you due to having some resemblance to FNaF
Hydralisk: HUGE slow one hitter alien

Will update when possible

PHOTOS

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 11:19:49 AM by BLockyBuildingBro »

12/09/16
the "oh hey I missed the bus and i'm at home" update

CHANGES
_9__
Mutalids now do one hit kills as well. what? you're a defenseless little pink fleshman. you ain't got no armor or scales. you got pillowskin.

Hydralisks, after testing them out, will NOT be included in the game. No area (well, at least not many areas) are going to be big enough to hold it.

Flashlights are now The Brighter Dark's SCP flashlight item, as to avoid the aliens having flashlights with server_flashlight

We're going with plot two

CURRENTLY BUILT LOCATIONS:
Airlock room w/ vent
A simple airlock. not much else. vent included.

T-Shaped Hallway
a hallway that leads from your current room to two other rooms

New Vent Feature
you can now close vents. idk why, but why not.
vent covers can be useful, and dangerous at the same time.
When closing a vent, the vent creaks, which can alarm the aliens.
however, the same can be done to HUMANS.
if you close the vents, and hear one open, and nobody in your team says they opened it, HIDE

PHOTOS

anyone have suggested addons that might make the "experience" more "authentic"

MINI UPDATE

Alien nests (spawns)

things to hide behind

not dead, just away from BL for a bit. A BIT. be back on wednesday

not dead, just away from BL for a bit. A BIT. be back on wednesday
Yeah lol nevermind this stuff dead my computer sperged out and is unusable RIP me
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 03:04:39 PM by BLockyBuildingBro »

For the rescue mission idea:
Have players stuck in the room have a control panel
They'd be able to coordinate with the extract team to hinder the Alien's movements, like closing vent sections and exposing rooms to space.
That way you can have the people who get rescued be players, not be bored waiting for rescue, and difficulty increases as there is no one to operate the consoles and slow down the alien.

nevermind, saw the bus update.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:22:24 PM by the_stitch »

Looking good! can't wait for this to be finished

There is still a chance it isn't dead. I could salvage the hard drive and get a new computer. but I ain't made of money, so it'll take a little bit