Author Topic: H2/H3 Hummer vehicle  (Read 2631 times)

Hey, so I was on blockland, And I noticed something interesting. Where the hell are the Hummers?
I've seen the;
Humvee pack by Gravity Cat (http://orbs.daprogs.com/rtb/forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFile44b2.html?id=1560 )

And the Marauder by Blue Tooth Boy ( https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=266374.0 )

Screenshot of these two, Just so you can spot the differences:

(these vehicles, I LOVE. A LOT.)

Which are both similar to Hummers, but only kind of. So, where are the classic Hummer H2's? Or the lesser man H3's? This kinda bugs me because I'm Nutty for the Gas Guzzling Tank like SUVs, yet no one else seems to think about them... So I feel like it is my DUTY to rally up the people of the Forums to realize Blockland needs a Hummer! H2 or H3. (Preferably a Blocko styled one, but that's besides the point.) And you might be wondering why I don't take this into my own greasey hands? Because I don't have modeling software. I'd need a higher powered computer. I'm still using the laughably old Windows XP. And the Free ware programs are too powerful for my ancient computer to handle... And I don't have enough money for Milkshape... I could save up... But I have other stuff in my life than Blockland that I'd need the money more for.

(And, might I add, I'm not talking about the H1's too much because the Humvees be Gravity Cat are already so close.)

Picture for those who don't know the different types of Hummers:

(The far left Hummer is the Civilized SUV style Hummer; H3 Model, The middle one is the lean, mean monster, machine; The H2 Model, and the far right one is the original model; the H1.)

Hopefully... Someone on the forums could show this to someone who would be, inspired to make a Hummer Vehicle? If not... I don't know. That sucks...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 03:45:49 AM by Mr.Annoying »

this would be more appropriate in suggestions and requests

also you dont need a good computer or modern os to run good modeling programs. blender is both free and very resource-efficient so you can run it on even > 5 year old computers

either way you/your family should consider investing $800-$1000 in a decent desktop or even meh laptop since it will guaranteed run much faster than outdated machines. oh well.

this would be more appropriate in suggestions and requests

also you dont need a good computer or modern os to run good modeling programs. blender is both free and very resource-efficient so you can run it on even > 5 year old computers

either way you/your family should consider investing $800-$1000 in a decent desktop or even meh laptop since it will guaranteed run much faster than outdated machines. oh well.

Oh sorry. I'm not really familiar with the customs here.

As for the computer thing, It would be great to get a nice, thousand-ish computer, but  I / We don't have too much spending money, and when I / We do, it's normally for the other stuff that's more important in my / our life(s). So If I could, I'd try to get Milkshape, (I actually do have the trial version, and my XP can run it pretty smooth.) But I'd have to wait an unfortunately long period to scrape up enough money to buy it.

milkshape is a bad choice since it costs money and is basically only useful for blockland. you would be much better off learning blender, which is used for many purposes, from animation/moviemaking to game models to pure art

yeah its harder to learn, but you get much more out of it compared to milkshape

milkshape is a bad choice since it costs money and is basically only useful for blockland. you would be much better off learning blender, which is used for many purposes, from animation/moviemaking to game models to pure art

yeah its harder to learn, but you get much more out of it compared to Milkshape

Alright, thanks for the tip, but that makes the journey to a new computer, and that won't happen for a long, long time... Unfortunately....

um... why?

Cause even though blender would be able to run on an XP, my computer has so much stuff on it, it just can't handle the data. I've tried downloading Blender before and I ran into this problem.

http://puu.sh/siJdt/3d1883a69e.png (I'm using Pu.ush for this cause i'm lazy, if the image doesn't show just click the link) So, not only does blender clearly not show it supports XP, but when I click either option nothing happens, anyone know if this is me just not doing it right, or if Blender just doesn't carry XP?

the LATEST version of blender does not support XP, but you can get older versions that do support XP. Blender 2.76 and earlier support XP. Google the version you want (obvious choice is 2.76) for a download for it.

Cause even though blender would be able to run on an XP, my computer has so much stuff on it, it just can't handle the data. I've tried downloading Blender before and I ran into this problem.
how big is your computer's hard drive? blender is only 100 megabytes. A 2-gigabyte USB drive is like $5 these days. you can almost certainly offload some files onto a cheap USB drive, or upload to a filesharing website like Google Drive or something so you dont have to keep it on your computer.

the LATEST version of blender does not support XP, but you can get older versions that do support XP. Blender 2.76 and earlier support XP. Google the version you want (obvious choice is 2.76)

The "Download" on the official blender website for 2.76 and lower keeps redirecting me to 2.78 download.

The "Download" on the official blender website for 2.76 and lower keeps redirecting me to 2.78 download.
its cause it links to the blender.org download page. you need to find the archives.

https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.76/
download the .msi if you want the installer setup, otherwise download the .zip and extract those contents

Hey.

My upcoming list contains the Hummer

Well Golly gee! That's amazing! Got any pictures yet or existing models yet?

(PS. Just downloaded the Suburban you made. I love a person who loves SUVs as much as I do.)

its cause it links to the blender.org download page. you need to find the archives.

https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.76/
download the .msi if you want the installer setup, otherwise download the .zip and extract those contents

Which one do you think would be the best to go to? A 'Windows64.msi download?

Announcement for anyone interested in this thread:

I have acquired a windows 7 computer! (honestly I kinda despise it.) I also acquired blender. Now I just have to binge watch some tutorials and utilize the little knowledge I have about coding Blockland vehicles!

Soon there will (might) be a blocko-style Hummer pack! (if I can get my lazy-ass to learn blender!)