BL-Browser - The in-game Browser [Experimental][v0.2.1]

Author Topic: BL-Browser - The in-game Browser [Experimental][v0.2.1]  (Read 47757 times)

BL-Browser
Using the Awesomium web-ui library, I managed to make a hook DLL which replaces in-game textures to a browser interface.
The objective of this is to open up new possibilities of servers, such as Cinema servers similar to that of Gmod.
But the uses don't stop there, with this you can create many things such as a Server Homepage that opens up when a client joins, in-game stores, even a better GUI system using HTML.

Example / Proof of Concept

Video

Excuse the red and blue values being swapped, I forgot to change the texture type after switching functions.

Changelog
Code: [Select]
2016-12-20-1: Creation of topic
2016-12-24-1: Fixed issue of crashing at start-up, upped the resolution to 1024x768, fixed issues with mip-maps.
2017-01-07-1: Released v0.1.1 - ready for general use

Github / Release
The code is currently in an experimental phase, and will likely be completely different from the release versions.

Installation
you have to overwrite your blockland.exe with the one provided in the .7z in order for it to work.

Conan Buchanan: step 1) download the AllInOne.7z from https://github.com/Pah1023/BL-Browser/releases/tag/v0.2.1
Conan Buchanan: step 2) open the zip using 7zip or an equivalent compressed folder opener, and copy all the stuff out
Conan Buchanan: step 3) overwrite your main bl install with it
Conan Buchanan: step 4) set the .exe to read only
Conan Buchanan: step 5) open bl, turn on download textures
Conan Buchanan: step 6) join server, when you join the cinema or hear things playing do aws_bindtexture(); in console. if you're on my server, /joincinema after doing this to see the video.
Conan Buchanan: step 6.5) if and only if aws_bindtexture(); does not work, do attachmodule("AWSHook.dll"); and try again.
Conan Buchanan: step 6.75) if neither of those functions work, but attachmodule is erroring (not function not found), install the x86 version of the dll on this page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

thx conun
BL-Browser
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:34:57 AM by Pah1023 »

loving awesome. Are you able to click and type?

Holy forget this is amazing.

loving awesome. Are you able to click and type?
Not yet, will be able to soon.
The upcoming versions / releases will just be toying with functions.
Still learning all about the awesomium library, and how it runs with Blockland.

So pretty much all you can do right now are load pages and that's it.
It can run Youtube pretty well, and sound is global meaning you don't have to be by a surface showing it.

Won't the clients need to inject the dll as well?

Super cool, regardless.

Won't the clients need to inject the dll as well?

Super cool, regardless.
Yes they well, since it's impossible to do this otherwise.
I'm hoping with the release of this it'll open the community up more to DLL mods, seeing as how much more you can get done with them versus just plain old Torque Script.

remember when someone had that glitch with shadows and they displayed like a webpage or something they had in another window

remember when someone had that glitch with shadows and they displayed like a webpage or something they had in another window
i'm still curious about what happened, I want to know how that had worked

i'm still curious about what happened, I want to know how that had worked
brobably buffers not being cleaned n shiet

i saw this thread in the side bar on the home page and i thought it was another over ambitious amateur who wanted to do the impossible but then i clicked it and holy stuff

i saw this thread in the side bar on the home page and i thought it was another over ambitious amateur who wanted to do the impossible but then i clicked it and holy stuff