BL-Browser - The in-game Browser [Experimental][v0.2.1]

Author Topic: BL-Browser - The in-game Browser [Experimental][v0.2.1]  (Read 47760 times)

How do you get it to span across multiple screens like mr.lol has

I placed 8 cinema screens down in a 2x4 resolution, set them all to the print_screen_cinema image, and all the screens show the exact same thing. Not the effect I was going for, I could really use some help here.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:15:01 PM by Blockteen »

How do you get it to span across multiple screens like mr.lol has
I placed 4 cinema screens down in a 2x4 resolution, set them all to the print_screen_cinema image, and all the screens show the exact same thing. Not the effect I was going for, I could really use some help here.
looks more like they're using a custom large brick for it with a uiname of "Cinema Screen"

looks more like they're using a custom large brick for it with a uiname of "Cinema Screen"
i can confirm this is the case. Siba made a custom massive curved screen just for the cinema server.

i can confirm this is the case. Siba made a custom massive curved screen just for the cinema server.
ah ok, thanks guys

Can someone please tell if theres a way to join for mac users? i tried wine but im not exactly sure if im doing it okay.

Someone stream Blockland in the server watching BL-Browser and then stream that on said BL-Browser.

So basically the reason this plugin doesn't work on wine is because it needs the Visual C++ Redistributable to run. Winetricks for linux claims to be able to install this, but it hasn't yet worked for me. Has anyone here had success installing vcredist2015 in wine? Because that seems to be the key to this ever working on wine.

Edit: I got it working!  (on a completely different computer)

For whatever reason I wasn't able to install vcredist on my Ubuntu 16.04 laptop, but it worked perfectly fine on my machine running Debian 8. Seems to be hit or miss. But if you can get the redistributable installed on wine, the plugin works perfectly fine via wine. I'm presently going to try and work on a GUI mod to make utilizing this easier.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 05:30:01 AM by Pecon »

For whatever reason I wasn't able to install vcredist on my Ubuntu 16.04 laptop, but it worked perfectly fine on my machine running Debian 8. Seems to be hit or miss. But if you can get the redistributable installed on wine, the plugin works perfectly fine via wine. I'm presently going to try and work on a GUI mod to make utilizing this easier.
Can you explain that in more detail?, i downloaded the redistributable but still nothing, maybe some instructions?

Can you explain that in more detail?, i downloaded the redistributable but still nothing, maybe some instructions?
Assuming you've already installed wine, here is what you do

1. Download winetricks
2. Move the winetricks file from your downloads into your home folder (The folder above Documents, etc)
3. Open a terminal and type bash winetricks vcrun2015
4. Wait for an installer gui to pop up, it may take a minute
5. Follow the prompts on the gui to finish installing Visual C++ Redistributable
6. Run the windows version of Blockland through wine following the other instructions in this thread

No guarantees that this works, I don't use OSX so it's not like I've tested it there or anything. Just an educated guess.

These functions would be great:

AWS_refresh(); - Refresh the page using the current url.
AWS_getHTML(%index); - Return the line at the requested index
AWS_getLineCount(); - Return the index count (aka the amount of lines in the document)
AWS_getURL(); - Return the current URL
AWS_setHTML(%index,%html); - Set the line at the requested index
AWS_onDoneLoading() - Called when the page is done loading
AWS_onRedirect(%url) - Called when the page redirects (either by a  redirect header or just via a link). Includes the link that we're redirecting to.
AWS_isDoneLoading() - Returns whether or not the page is still being loaded.
AWS_onLine(%line) - Similar to TCPObject's onLine method. When a line is received while the page is loading, it calls this w/ the line we received.
You're adding these, right?

You're adding these, right?
Some of those are extremely easy, some of em harder then you'd think. Don't count on them being implemented just right now.

On the topic of small improvements, you should make it so the browser always overrides target="_blank" links to open in the current browser. Presently these links just end up opening on a non-viewable browser somewhere else.

hey where do i find the download to the cinema bricks so i can make my own cinema on my  owns erver?