Author Topic: Animation Limit on Custom Playermodels - Easily Adjustable Engine Limitation?  (Read 1617 times)

Hey Badspot, is it possible for you to increase the per-.dts animation limit? I recently ran into an issue where my playertype couldn't playThread any more than 63 sequences, though anything past that can be used with setActionThread and setArmThread.

From my limited research I have found several topics (http://www.garagegames.com/community/forums/viewthread/25552/2#comments and http://www.garagegames.com/community/resources/view/9493) that may or may not be relevant, however the issue is NOT the TSShapeConstructor, as I am doing this:
Code: [Select]
datablock TSShapeConstructor(mMeleeDts) {
baseShape = "base/data/shapes/player/mmelee.dts";
sequence0 = "base/data/shapes/player/default.dsq";
sequence1 = "base/data/shapes/player/melee.dsq";
};
default.dsq contains all default animations and melee.dsq contains 27 extra sequences, 3 of which cannot be used with playThread. Same happens if I reverse melee.dsq and default.dsq, where last 3 animations in latter won't be playThread-able

The variables most relevant to this issue, I feel, might be
Important note: in shapeBase.h there is also a constant "ThreadSequenceBits" that you need to increase to allow more animations, otherwise the animations beyond the limit of this value won't play despite all the other changes.
and
This just solves the problem the TsShapeConstructor has with loading more than a certain amount of .dsq files. This can actualy be fixed without any engine coding by sticking all your animations into a small number of .dsqs. We have well over 150 animations and don't have a problem with the shape constructor. There is, however, a "bug" in the Player code that limits that amount of animations you can load.

In Player.h, find:

NumExtraActionAnims 

And set it to a higher number; we have ours set at 512.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 06:03:45 AM by Crystalwarrior »

Bump.
It'd really help with higher animation limit, guys.

Bump!
Weapons are great! Keep it up!

I don't code, but it would be dope to see some well animated stuff.

yeah uh to fix this with a dll you'd either need to find the pointer for threadsequencebits and numextraactionanims and then bytepatch it or hook every function that uses those two consts and detour the functions to make then use your hacked values
too much work imho

yeah uh to fix this with a dll you'd either need to find the pointer for threadsequencebits and numextraactionanims and then bytepatch it or hook every function that uses those two consts and detour the functions to make then use your hacked values
too much work imho
That still wouldn't work because you'd have to require the clents to have the .dll's as well, otherwise everything would mismatch and cause a royal clusterforget.