Author Topic: Dogfighting AI  (Read 1020 times)

Basically an AI that is capable of flying planes and, well, dogfighting. Not sure if it is even possible to make Blockland do it, but if anyone wants to experiment...

Screenshot for inspiration:

Cue three million requests for the vehicles, ignoring the actual request in this thread.

You can have ai that fly planes, yes. But they won't be able to dogfight, nowhere near to degree where it would look and function well.

You can have ai that fly planes, yes. But they won't be able to dogfight, nowhere near to degree where it would look and function well.
I mean actual scripts, not just putting bots in planes.

Edit: found this source, might help.

Edit 2: another source.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 12:21:52 AM by Magus »

Possible, but probably time consuming.

I mean actual scripts, not just putting bots in planes

No I get that. Strato was able to get them to fly planes on a set path, but that was as far as it went I believe.

Can say with a good amount of confidence you won't be able to make an ai to fight other bots or players in real time. You could get a bunch of buddies to fly the planes and then film bot them, as they follow all movements of the players. That'd be work for a video or something, but if you intend to use this for a dm don't think it will work.

Not very familiar with way ai works now. If someone more knowledgeable on this could add some input that might get you a better answer.

I've said before magus that you're asking for something far more complicated than blockland can do efficiently. even if the roll and shoot manages to work, the ai will have 0 ability to fly around obstacles or avoid hitting the ground and will essentially just loop in circles trying to shoot someone. and even that itself is pushing it as the calculations needed will require prediction of when to stop rolling/pitching which may by itself lag blockland to death since this would have to be done on a 33ms tick. that plus having to account for the way vehicle control inputs dont default to leveling out when not being pressed makes this improbable if not impossible

i wanted to avoid responding to this topic since ive already told this to you many times, but you need to recognize blockland has limitations. it may be a great sandbox like gmod, but there are certain things in both games you cant do well/at all and you need to work around that, not insist it can be done but have no idea how to do it/prove it
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 10:23:13 AM by Conan »