Author Topic: Random disc drive ejection = rat??  (Read 620 times)

I think I'm being paranoid, but just in case

About 30 minutes ago my disc drive opened on its own. Frightened, I unplugged my ethernet cable and webcam from my computer. Is this an indication of a rat, or am I actually paranoid? Malwarebytes comes up with nothing.

maybe your computer decided you needed a cupholder

also what's a rat? a virus?
if you have a virus, it isn't going to randomly open your disk drive, it's going to silently steal your data and never let on it's doing it
otherwise you'll do what you just did and it'll not be useful
try installing Avast and checking with Avast briefly if you're worried

I wouldn't let the aids virus that is avast touch my computer again, not after I was told by them that uninstalling it removes all traces of it from your computer... they're lying.

maybe your computer decided you needed a cupholder

also what's a rat? a virus?
if you have a virus, it isn't going to randomly open your disk drive, it's going to silently steal your data and never let on it's doing it
otherwise you'll do what you just did and it'll not be useful
try installing Avast and checking with Avast briefly if you're worried
a .rat is a thing which lets someone to access your computer withotu you noticing for malicious intent

ok don't get forgetin avast because avast is stuff
and a rat is a remote access tool which means that an attacker can control every bit of your computer but like you said supersuit i doubt they're going to use it to open up a forgetin disc drive
and if malwarebytes came up with nothing it might be something irrelevant

took him out. you're safe now

has anyone else used the computer? maybe they're doing that dumb prank where an executeable opens your disc drive occasionally

still worth checking for viruses though

ok don't get forgetin avast because avast is stuff
and a rat is a remote access tool which means that an attacker can control every bit of your computer but like you said supersuit i doubt they're going to use it to open up a forgetin disc drive
and if malwarebytes came up with nothing it might be something irrelevant
ok dont get forgetin malwarebytes because malwarebytes is stuff
dude i have had my bl closed for it
it updates too much
i can have 8 auto-opening tabs at once
i prefer webroot

ok dont get forgetin malwarebytes because malwarebytes is stuff

kid you have literally no idea what you're talking about if you think it updating the malware database frequently is a bad thing

is your computer open for anyone to walk into your room and mess with it? Cause they could be loving with you and easily run a script that opens your cd tray automatically at x time