Author Topic: how can I improve these roads  (Read 7829 times)

Here's a little challenge, diagonal roads

remind me of the first roads i made long ago (without lines)

Here's a little challenge, diagonal roads
360 loop roads

I know america is a loving grid nightmare, but remember to have some dynamic roads, place some buildings off the grid and then build up to them, will look much more real. Sidewalks don't have to be 8 studs wide at any given time, looking good though.

four lane roads

anyone got any more ideas for roads that aren't the whooshy-flooshy type of stuff filipe and freek are suggesting

Perhaps you would consider adding a gutter/storm drain of some sort, at this point I think that is the only way you could improve.

You might want to be careful with the brickcount if you're planning to have a lot of roads, but if they're going to be used for a small area they can be pretty high brickcount with more detail.

Maybe on the crosswalks use ramps where people walk back onto the sidewalk. A lot of newer streets do this.

you asked for it: more dynamic roads

these took me too loving long to make

You might want to be careful with the brickcount if you're planning to have a lot of roads, but if they're going to be used for a small area they can be pretty high brickcount with more detail.

the map isn't going to be massive
I plan on doing two islands, one small and the other medium-sized

Maybe on the crosswalks use ramps where people walk back onto the sidewalk. A lot of newer streets do this.

I thought about that, but I couldn't find a way to do it without it looking bad

Perhaps you would consider adding a gutter/storm drain of some sort, at this point I think that is the only way you could improve.

THAT'S WHAT I'M ASKING
if I were to add sewer grates how would you recommend I space them out

why is the curve so pronounced

decent nonetheless

You could use the wedge bricks to reduce the choppyness of the lines.

You could use the wedge bricks to reduce the choppyness of the lines.

tried this, doesn't look good

why is the curve so pronounced

what do you mean

im saying i don't think i've ever seen a road with a pronounced, sudden curve in it like that

it's usually not very safe or common at least

im saying i don't think i've ever seen a road with a pronounced, sudden curve in it like that

it's usually not very safe or common at least

you must've never been to rural NJ