I'm leaving the forums for a bit.

Author Topic: I'm leaving the forums for a bit.  (Read 2606 times)

i wonder if badspot will ban you anyway. i feel like hes done that before
i feel with enough context to explain its not a whoring attention post for leaving, it's not bannable.

i feel like topics like this are acceptable if you're going into the military or on vacation for like 2+ months

the "i'm leaving" rule usually applies to threads where the person leaving says "this community is stuff! i'm leaving! beg for me to return! i'm important!"; aka wanting attention.
in this case, op is just giving information to the forums that he won't be posting for a few days, so that people don't worry if he was actually captured by the reptillian people or died in a meth overdose accident

he's the one dumb enough to make an op worded like that so im gonna be a rude dude
guess what: he's not saying it that way cus he's dumb, it's so you'll open his boring thread

this has got to be bait

Sorry to say, but despite the context, this is a certain ban. RIP OP

Hello, just letting you guys know I won't be on the forums until the 8th of January, I am going upnorth to Michigan to get stabbed to death. Also, Badspot this is not a "I'm leaving screw off." message, I'm just letting you know Im going on vaction.
I don't know if this actually constitutes an attention-seeking post (I don't think it does), but you would have been better off just leaving a message in your profile signature. Nobody will assume you're dead without first checking your profile.

I do think you could get temp banned for something like this, so you have to leave as long as you say you are.

you really need to change op
I don't want you to get banned you're cool kid

inb4badspotbansopfor10days

The logic behind the "don't announce that you're leaving" rule is that nobody cares if you are leaving or not, and that posting about it is both spam and attention seeking behavior. The amount of time that you are leaving for is irrelevant. Posts like this are actually a double dip because not only do you get the attention of the "goodbye" post, but you theoretically get to come back and still enjoy the forums later.

The logic behind the "don't announce that you're leaving" rule is that nobody cares if you are leaving or not, and that posting about it is both spam and attention seeking behavior. The amount of time that you are leaving for is irrelevant. Posts like this are actually a double dip because not only do you get the attention of the "goodbye" post, but you theoretically get to come back and still enjoy the forums later.
and see im pretty sure badspot has totally banned for this before so.....

damn