transgenders allowed in navy july 1st

Author Topic: transgenders allowed in navy july 1st  (Read 12304 times)

so you don't want suicidal people on the front lines fighting?

if you were suicidal and you just killed yourself right from the get go, that's a loving dumb way to go.

but blasting into a terrorist hideout with tons of baddies and slamming them into the walls with a hail of gunfire before inevitably biting the bullet is much cool.

but it's the navy so replace the guns with like torcreeps or some stuff
The military wants soldiers who fear death because them dropping like flies puts the mission in jeopardy. Unless you're captain brannigan, you want your men to fear death.

I read about this on Google.

I read about this on Google.
google really is your source, i suppose

As long as they don't lower the requirements to get in I have no problem with this.

The lack of source in the OP, and the contentious arguments, indicate that Stocking is just Lord Tony's transloveual persona, but that he's not coping very well with what he's become so he feels the need to stuffpost like this.

I see right through you, Tony. Google is my sauce.
this is the new theory and i believe it.

As long as they don't lower the requirements to get in I have no problem with this.

This

There's like three and half legitimate transgender people on the forum, Stocking. You really need to widen your audience if you wanna sink the bait anytime soon.

i dunno man, stocking and tony be like mongoose vs snake, mortal enemies. if they combined like voltron, who knows what would happen! dogs would forget cats! blue would turn red!
actually, blue would turn yellow

Yay? They don't have to change protocol because they've included transgendered people, but hey, I guess it's good to have a few more hands on deck.

getting shot in the richard would probably be the faster way to get the thing off anyway

There are so many more things that deserve those resources more smh...

tricare is 100% free if you're active

Listen, Tony, you're the one who's blabbing on about the Self Delete rates of transmissions and not giving the critical deets in the OP.

I think it's clear that you're feeling threatened by all of this. Is it because, deep down, you really want to chop off that snake of yours and pretend like you can have a baby?

lmao

so basically we're allowing enlistment for a small demographic of people whom under normal circumstances have at least a 40% chance of killing themselves, dumping tax dollars into ineffective treatment for them that is likely to increase that chance of Self Delete, and changing the navy's rules and policies in universally unpleasant and insensible ways to accommodate them

not a good allocation of time and resources. are we doing this because recognizing gender dysphoria as a mental illness hurts feelings?

since we went into a really stufftily drawn circle and we are now repeating 65% of the same stuff as we did in the other thread, this post is still relevant:
Telling depressed people that it's "in their head" is basically how we treat depression. People who are depressed think that they are depressed for a reason: nobody loves them, they're worthless, their family would be better off without them, etc. More often than not, it's a clinical condition and we treat it with medicine and therapy. We say, "you aren't worthless, you're feeling this way because you're sick, it's all in your head." There are psychological techniques that doctors have developed to help people with depression lead normal, productive lives.
but that's the initial reasoning. depression is caused by a billion different things, the most common ranging from: personal failures, financial issues and social issues.
the trick to solving depression is to legit get them to resolve that underlying problem. sometimes they over exaggerate minor issues which can lead to such an issue. you don't tell them it's in their head but rather, help them fix their stuff to the best of your abilities. which is also why treating depression in the US has major issues ($$$ related)
if you're charging someone who doesn't really have all that much money for therapy and medicine, don't be surprised if he doesn't go and get that therapy and medicine. depression isnt as simple as telling them its in its head in some super glorified way, trust me, we wish it was.
If they say, "the world would be better off if I just killed myself," we don't smile and hand them a loaded gun.
no stuff

This isn't the case with patients who are gender dysphoric. A genetically-male patient says "I feel like I was born a girl," and the doctor says "you're right, you ARE a girl." The patient says, "I feel like life would be better if I got my richard cut off," and the doctor says "you're right, life would be better if you cut your richard off!" This is a strange case of medical resources helping to maintain an illness rather than treating it. Again, it'd be like a doctor telling a depression patient that "your family actually DOES hate you and your parents divorce actually IS your fault."

except there's one major problem, at least in the US: there's gatekeeping out the ass that you would honestly think that they guard the treatment like they do the white house.

seriously we loving try it all before actually going through that.
you name it, therapy, long ass waits, trying medicine even.

and they will desire it through all of that.
they get depressed when they didnt know their appointment and you say it will be months maybe even a year before they can get one. then once they pass all the checks they start feeling a bit better and it just goes up until they actually do it.

before we go any further, i'd like to clarify something: HRT is reversible, SRS (the actual richard mutilation) is not.
we wait till they're late HRT (2-3 years) before they even have a chance to pull off SRS. mostly because gatekeeping.
most transgender people actually choose not to do SRS
and to go further: most transgender people who commit Self Delete usually do it during early-mid HRT, so it's obviously not the fact that it's irreversible causing it, it's mostly believed that harassment (due to common sense or something) causes this, but it obviously isn't the only reason and it can't be recorded through that god awful hate crime statistic solely because it's harassment, not loving assault.