Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th  (Read 153019 times)

Piracy outnumbers homebrew.

Why would they buy a game they've already played and beaten to death as they got it for free?
Is your reading comprehension really that bad? Do you not understand what I said?

Saying a company lost $x due to piracy doesn't really make sense if they're just assuming everyone WOULD have bought the game. It would be like a company conducting market research on selling a product for $0 and then wondering why sales were so low when they put it to market at $20.

A game illegally downloaded once by a person doesn't mean that person would have bought the game otherwise. Russia has a huge rate of piracy but thats because the people there are poor as forget, they can't afford the game otherwise and wouldn't buy it even if it wasn't possible to pirate it (definitely doesn't make it right). Honestly used game sales are probably just as damaging to the developer because the developer isn't getting paid for the used game getting resold.

Also

Honestly used game sales are probably just as damaging to the developer because the developer isn't getting paid for the used game getting resold.
yes, but with the little statistics they have on second-hand sales, game developers can judge whether or not interest in a sequel is enough to justify expenses. at least that's what i heard.

yes, but with the little statistics they have on second-hand sales, game developers can judge whether or not interest in a sequel is enough to justify expenses. at least that's what i heard.

Couldn't you do the same thing with internet piracy statistics? I guess second-hand sales would be more reliable though since people are actually putting money down on a game.

I would rather buy joy cones.

I would rather buy joy cones.
That's only because you can actually afford those.

yes, but with the little statistics they have on second-hand sales, game developers can judge whether or not interest in a sequel is enough to justify expenses.
Not really. Indie developers maybe, but AAA publishers will look at EoFY reports and make assessments from that. Remember that when you buy a game from a store, that store itself bought a copy from the manufacturer in bulk, who then sell it on to you at a premium. Any data about second-hand sales is too unreliable.

That's only because you can actually afford those.
I can buy 79 dollars worth of joy cones, the same price of joy cons.

I can buy 79 dollars worth of joy cones, the same price of joy cons.
Yeah, and then you and your body pillows can have an ice cream party.

Yeah, and then you and your body pillows can have an ice cream party.
your 'roasts' would probably be decent but your posts seem to emanate pathetic-ness 

So people are stuck with the 32 anything higher will have slower loading times lol.
Still faster than using a disc. Would've been nice to have an actual internal storage though.

Still faster than using a disc. Would've been nice to have an actual internal storage though.

No it's not faster lol.