Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th  (Read 151412 times)

In my early childhood years of gaming, I have never broken a ps1, ps2, or game cube controller by dropping it or flailing it around.
I don't see how joysticks are fragile.

In my early childhood years of gaming, I have never broken a ps1, ps2, or game cube controller by dropping it or flailing it around.
if its heavy enough and you drop it and it lands on the brown townog sticks, it can bend them / break them pretty easily

the switch is heavier than a normal controller which is why there's that possiblity

Well my change in the joysticks had less to do with fragility, and more to do with them being able to fit into the Dock.
Since the switch mini would be so small, the controller part of the mini would go under the front piece of the dock.

Depends on how much lag there's going to be and what the image quality is like

https://pvplive.net/c/app-claims-to-stream-pc-games-to-nintendo-switch

what do you guys think?
I already signed up

Depends on how much lag there's going to be and what the image quality is like
Ya know, people seem to be under the impression that streaming games is nearly impossible, they don't understand
video compression, and how far it's come.

This video is a fantastic example of efficient video compression, at as quick as 2.6 MB per minute which is 347 Kb/s (a Capital B is a byte and a lowcase b is a bit.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRIesyNuxkg

Now currently, rendering an image this quickly at this quality is almost impossible, but I can bet within 5 to 10 years this will be possible through on the fly compression.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:04:27 PM by Master Matthew² »

matthew you need to stop talking as if you know a lot about whatever you're talking about. network bandwidth and speed is only one part of what you need to stream things: a couple examples of other things is network security, servers, and unpacking the data quickly enough on the switch side to provide a non-laggy experience

also by reading the article it sounds like they mean streaming pc game content to your switch so you can play pc games on your switch or something

matthew you need to stop talking as if you know a lot about whatever you're talking about. network bandwidth and speed is only one part of what you need to stream things: a couple examples of other things is network security, servers, and unpacking the data quickly enough on the switch side to provide a non-laggy experience

also by reading the article it sounds like they mean streaming pc game content to your switch so you can play pc games on your switch or something
yeah this. i think you should put more research into what you say, matthew. this will probably prevent a lot of people hacking at you in the future. not to condemn you but even i batted an eye with how you explained it so simply and left out details.

I already signed up

Ya know, people seem to be under the impression that streaming games is nearly impossible, they don't understand
video compression, and how far it's come.

This video is a fantastic example of efficient video compression, at as quick as 2.6 MB per minute which is 347 Kb/s (a Capital B is a byte and a lowcase b is a bit.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRIesyNuxkg

Now currently, rendering an image this quickly at this quality is almost impossible, but I can bet within 5 to 10 years this will be possible through on the fly compression.
What? Your post makes me cringe at how uneducated you are.

there's a massive problem with matthew's switch mini:

you can't click the joypads

this harms splatoon 2's gameplay (for using specials)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:16:05 PM by Superstarxalien169 »

there's a massive problem with matthew's switch mini:

you can't click the joypads

this harms splatoon 2's gameplay (for using specials)
Solution: Joypad+ (Now with buttons underneath)
Like, its not impossible, and I'm sure its not a crazy thing either.

Solution: Joypad+ (Now with buttons underneath)
Like, its not impossible, and I'm sure its not a crazy thing either.

then you're taking your fingers off the joypad to press the button, that moment of vulnerability is important in a competitive game like splatoon

then you fdhjgdjnjgfdj ortant in a competitive game like splatoon
hee hee

then you're taking your fingers off the joypad to press the button, that moment of vulnerability is important in a competitive game like splatoon
no what, its litterally just pressing the joypad in like hou do the joysticks?

So Matthew how would making the Switch smaller lower the price from around above £200 to only £100?