Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th  (Read 151729 times)

£280 is too much for me, if 280 was the price with a game then I would.
Maybe it is coming with a game, if they sell a bundle with Zelda it would be a hit

damn Nintendo is gonna flop again

damn Nintendo is gonna flop again
I doubt it, it's receiving a lot better reception than the Wii U had

what are the reasons that make march a "quiet" month
December and January are the Christmas/Post-Christmas Rush, where people have mad amounts of money to just BURN through content, hence the epic amount of releases in November/December to lead up to the big few sales days.

February through to May therefore suffer as people are still recovering their wallets and probably have a stack of games still on the backburner to get through. Historically (and it appears Nintendo have been quite smart about taking advantage of this, the cunning bastards), these are months typically used to clear games that companies aren't as comfortable about thanks to the reduced competition, where slow numbers are anticipated.

June down to August are "preview periods", where games can get really good publicity. This is a fantastic period to smash games out because of the End of Financial Year (it gets your chequebooks in the green), but also if you take advantage of the open marketing, you can get some fantastic expose, and people are more likely to purchase something fresh in their mind than something from a while back.

September and October generally also get a bum rush like the Post-Christmas period as it's right before the major holiday season. Go too early and your game will get swamped by the new releases as people start doing their shopping.

I don't think the planned release suggests a lack of confidence, however. I think it's an extremely smart plan for longevity. They don't want a sudden, giant cash boom and then nothing; they want a slow trickle of profit to keep their financial data solid for the next couple of quarters. Selling it in the slowest section of the year is a brilliant move as it basically means Nintendo has no dangerous competition to deal with; Project Scorpio is still far off and the PS4 Pro and Xbox One S have already made their major sales dent.

The Nintendo guys know what they're doing.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 09:11:03 AM by McJob »

most people get their tax returns around the release date so they get a nice, definitely higher than $300 return to blow on the switch

nintendo introduces dialogue choice in breath of the wild

The games coming out for the switch definitely interests me in getting the system.
When I also saw the games coming out, I felt hyped. Only downside is the monthly payment for online, but every other company does that nowadays right? Can't really see how this can flop.

Oh a fire emblem spinoff, only for it to be a musou game with mainly Awakening and Fates characters.

Come on my guy.

nintendo introduces dialogue choice in breath of the wild

[img ]http://i.imgur.com/6GqExTD.png[/img]
Whoa...

lmao I'm on Youtube and people getting death threats for even thinking about getting the Wii U version. Faith in Humanity lost, especially the Wii U vs. Switch videos where they compare 7 month old E3 footage on a Wii U with present day Switch footage. Kms

lmao I'm on Youtube and people getting death threats for even thinking about getting the Wii U version. Faith in Humanity lost, especially the Wii U vs. Switch videos where they compare 7 month old E3 footage on a Wii U with present day Switch footage. Kms
smh af fam...a true Epic Life Failure for these internet trolls.

Bubby is mad he doesn't have any money to buy the new system with.