Author Topic: I believe I am disassociated. I don't know what to do  (Read 2173 times)

i've felt disassociation before, but only briefly. back when i was under a lot of stress i'd suddenly get hit with the feeling that my body wasn't my own and that nothing around me was real. it would only last for like a minute before i felt fine, though.

you should probably see a psychiatrist if you're able to.

If you feel this is a legitimate concern, you should see a psychiatrist. The Blockland forum is literally no help in a case as disturbing and confusing as this. Good luck op.

If you feel this is a legitimate concern, you should see a psychiatrist. The Blockland forum is literally no help in a case as disturbing and confusing as this. Good luck op.
I had a similar experience about 2 months ago, but it was more that I was scared, but of nothing in particular. Almost like paranoia. I went and saw a psychiatrist and he put me back on this anti-depressant I'd quit back in July, which helped tremendously. That was gradual. I feel this was sudden. My appointment can't happen for another 2 or 3 weeks.
i've felt disassociation before, but only briefly. back when i was under a lot of stress i'd suddenly get hit with the feeling that my body wasn't my own and that nothing around me was real. it would only last for like a minute before i felt fine, though.

I've been on top of my schoolwork and the like this semester, so I don't feel much stress about that. However, Wednesday night I had a dream that someone broke my guitar, my dog died, and my great grandmother died. Then last night, I had a dream that someone broke my guitar and I broke my sunglasses, then for whatever reason started crying and I woke up in tears.
sounds like a serious case of self diagnosing dump her and go smash some good pusillanimous individual. sounds like youre getting bored/uncomfortable with our norm, you need to switch things up a bit
Actually, I talked to the school nurse about it and that's what she called it. I told her about the Wednesday night dream mentioned above and she said death and destruction typically indicate loss. I cannot think of any recent loss though other than my dog. That was two weeks ago. However, my dad had dumped about $9,000 into chemo for him over the course of a year and refused to put him down (out of weakness and pride) even though he clearly was not well. So I'm happy that he's not in pain anymore and that I may still have some hope for a college fund.

I know exactly what you're talking about, except what you're experiencing is Depersonalization/Derealization, Dissociation stems from doing Dissociative drugs.

I've been dealing with this stuff for like 2 and a half years now, it really isn't fun, and there's no discernible cure, I've read a lot up about this and from what I've seen things like keeping your body healthy and meditating and stuff really helps out with it. It also depends how it started with you, It began for me when I started smoking the weeds, but for others it can just come up all of a sudden without any significant trigger. I've heard that things like anxiety, stress, lack of sleep, and not having proper vitamins can cause this feeling.

Have you done any drugs at all in your life, even recently? Like do you drink caffeinated coffee or drink a beer every here and there?

Before you do this though, you should wait a week or so and see if it persists, I haven't seen a psychiatrist in the whole 2 years I've been experiencing this and I've been fine, and usually there's not much else they can do besides give you some pharmaceuticals that might work, because in-taking more drugs to combat this doesn't work whatsoever.

ive had this for a month. i talked to my therapist about it. its called depersonalization, yes. it can come from childhood traumas or other mental illnesses.
with me it comes from my borderline personality disorder. whenever i have an extreme amount of stress, this is my BPD's coping mechanism. i had it from october to november due to my past breakup. its not fun. but at least its temporary... untill it comes back that is.

s̡hųb̸-͘ǹig̨gur̕a͞t́h ͘h͘ąs ch̀o͞sen yơu͢

try doing more you things

I know somebody with the symptoms you described. They were diagnosed with depression, prescribed some SSRIs, and the problem disappeared entirely. See a psychiatrist, it might help.