Author Topic: [NEWS] China scraps coal power plants in favor of renewable energy  (Read 2183 times)

Renewable energy is only so cheap because of massive government subsidies. That, and in terms of efficiency, there's absolutely no way you're competing with natural gas and oil.

Believe me, I'm conservative too and I'd like to see a switch to renewable energy as well. First, though, there needs to be enough R&D in that field to develop renewable sources that surpass oil and natural gas in both cost and output.
A market-based solution is coming, I can assure you of that. But until then, why not stave off some of the damage by subsidizing cleaner energy?

Orbital solar arrays hue.
step 1) obtain solar panels
step 2) obtain really long extension cord

what if someone cuts the cord

step2.1) more extention cords

the sad part about solar energy is that eventually we'll run out of the elements used to make solar panel so we'll be left with a finite number of solar panels and an infinite amount of sun above us, unable to be harvested

i play factorio for a living, i'm an expert on renewable energy

We should just make a power plant that runs off dead people

We should just make a power plant that runs off dead people
the one time Annoying Orange will ever approve of business in mexico

Renewable energy is only so cheap because of massive government subsidies. That, and in terms of efficiency, there's absolutely no way you're competing with natural gas and oil.

Believe me, I'm conservative too and I'd like to see a switch to renewable energy as well. First, though, there needs to be enough R&D in that field to develop renewable sources that surpass oil and natural gas in both cost and output.
i mean i live in texas and the windfarms out a hundred miles west of me do really well

i mean i live in texas and the windfarms out a hundred miles west of me do really well
There are laws governing the National Grid which makes renewables a priority power source (Grid HAS to buy that power), meanwhile other sources of power have to compensate and often times run at very low capacity.

But la la la, its always sunny and windy in makebelieve world.

the sad part about solar energy is that eventually we'll run out of the elements used to make solar panel so we'll be left with a finite number of solar panels and an infinite amount of sun above us, unable to be harvested

i play factorio for a living, i'm an expert on renewable energy
biofuel hue