Tezunis Prison Escape - Bloky overreacting to 1 false warn.

Author Topic: Tezunis Prison Escape - Bloky overreacting to 1 false warn.  (Read 3144 times)

It's rather unconventional to give away other player locations and it isn't encouraged, but it isn't against the rules. If he saw the player in a restricted area while alive, it isn't metagaming. I think we established that here already though. I can understand confusion from both ends. Metagaming is kind of hard to enforce because it really goes beyond what is preventable if you're actually good at it (and it isn't hard to be good at it lol). The difference with this is that it is preventable. I think an easy way to prevent this from happening again is by making it against the rules to compromise other prisoner locations and activities even while you are alive. The guards should do their jobs.

Anyway, I'll probably add that to the rules when I get the chance unless the majority opposes the idea. I don't think Blockbyte handled the situation well. He could have talked with people on server, but he also doesn't have access to logs or anything like that. You can't trust what everyone says. I understand the confusion. Sorry about the whole ordeal Bloky.

Telling someone's location while alive isn't metagaming, its just called being a dimwitted traitor. It just takes one misunderstanding from one person and at least two others willing to argue against each other to wreak drama. I see that Bloky did some minor slip, but my attention is focused on Blockbyte. The fact that he jumped to conclusions and the way he handled this situation hesitantly concerns me, for that he even threw down the drama threat and provided no acceptance of Bloky's counterargument. I'm gonna ask the staff team if we're gonna place Blockbyte on probation or something.

this drama wasn't really needed

I'm gonna ask the staff team if we're gonna place Blockbyte on probation or something.
It was just poor judgement, he has only been a moderator for a few days and we all make mistakes. I'm sure he'll be more cautious next time, he's an alright guy.

I've been a mod on Tezuni's server a long time ago. (I got demoted by Brian* for some stupid reason I don't understand today) and seeing that this is Blockbyte's first weeks of moderating, it takes time to get used to. I know Blockbyte as a friend, and he's a cool guy. We all make mistakes.

However, he was not giving Bloky any chance of a counterclaim/rebuttal, which is very unprofessional. I think that, if this is improved, he'll be a better mod in the future. Give him time. We all need it.