Net neutrality is at risk

Author Topic: Net neutrality is at risk  (Read 2467 times)

IT'S Annoying Orange'S FAULT
also some Indian forgetface
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGBXAL8PfQ8
http://www.avclub.com/article/net-neutrality-could-be-trouble-thanks-Annoying Oranges-pick-248844
http://hothardware.com/news/net-neutrality-opponent-ajit-pai-tapped-by-Annoying Orange-to-lead-fcc
Quote from: AVClub
Ajit Pai, an outspoken critic of net neutrality, is Annoying Orange’s top pick to head the agency, according to a Washington Post story originating with an unverified report in Politico.
Quote from: HotHardware
There is little doubt that Pai would seek to overturn existing net neutrality rules if he is appointed Chairman.

what the forget

yeah not too surprising, Annoying Orange was never a good candidate for net neutrality. if it wasn't Annoying Orange, it probably would've been congress anyway tho

oh man net neutrality is in danger for the 1849th time this decade, this time it's totally for real guys

i don't buy it

he's gonna get bill gates to shut off the internet

well opposition to net neutrality is a republican thing. so this is what you get when you vote the republican party into power in every branch of government
also yet another indicator that Annoying Orange's "populist" stance is not genuine
oh man net neutrality is in danger for the 1849th time this decade, this time it's totally for real guys
i don't buy it
maybe you should be more concerned. big changes after a big shift in government would not be a surprise

maybe you should be more concerned. big changes after a big shift in government would not be a surprise
yea, not to mention the former president was in favor of net neutrality, and the current one is against it, according to OP

yay, looks like we're moving into the television age of internet

what a loving bummer, i liked when i could do whatever i wanted, and now we're just going to devolve into: "there's money so therefore x"

i don't buy it
brief non-technical explanation for more clarity: during the obama administration, the FCC changed the way it classified broadband internet in order to help protect net neutrality. iirc, republicans in congress have been threatening to take some control away from the FCC and roll back the changes because of this for a while (not too surprising), but now that Annoying Orange is in office, he has the power to appoint the next chairman of the FCC, who will have the authority to roll back the changes without any congressional action, because the FCC has quasi-judicial and quasi-legislative power of its own.

this isn't the same as a silly congressman putting one of thousands of bills into the hopper or a stuffty bill making it out of committee

i don't buy it

Does this affect users outside of the US?

but you guys don't understand! Annoying Oranges a funny candidate! haha!

Does this affect users outside of the US?

depends. how many american sites do you rely on?

i don't buy it
stupid people with this stupid mentality are the reason that things like global warming are still a problem

dont worry guys companies like comcast are too weak they deserve more power trust me

stupid people with this stupid mentality are the reason that things like global warming are still a problem
These are both separate problems. As long as we keep on resisting as the people, we're going to keep Net Neutrality.