Is window defender enough?

Author Topic: Is window defender enough?  (Read 2001 times)

He says free but this says trial.
If you actually thought for yourself and read the website you have your answer.

Malwarebytes is good, but it's not as proactive as Avast, Avast's Chrome plugin even helps with detecting what websites in a Google search may or may not be safe and will stop a harmful website from loading up and i rarely get a false positive with Avast

I always had a pop up blocker, ad blocker, CCleaner, and MB and haven't had any issues with viruses or the such in like 10 years.

I've used el-cheapo knockoff brand, I've used name brand, I've used expensive name brand, so I have a reasonably good idea of what I'm talking about when I say the best security- other than not having an internet connection- is to have Windows Defender and something else. Malwarebytes is free and the mascot looks like Soundwave. I recommend it.

Don't run anti-virus at all. Scan every couple of months because paranoid wankers get angry at me for admitting as much, and the results always come back completely clean.

I really have no clue how people pickup viruses in this modern day and age, without doing some spooky stuff first.

Russian research websites yo. Hot research, hot viruses.

I have malwarebytes installed but it's almost never running, unless needed. I'm smart enough to know which sites and programs look shady.

malwarebytes provides free scans. The trial allows you the full paid functionality of the firewall and real-time protection. When it ends you'll still be able to scan.
Modern Windows Defender that you find on I believe 8 and up is actually fairly decent.

i use windows defender to defend my rear ender

cool kids nowadays dont use any anti virus program and download from the shadiests of sites
born to be locked out of the computer until paying a fee within 48 hours or else the encrypted files get deleted, baby!

but seriously though it should be ok as long as you know what youre downloading and stuff like that

norton is for real brothers