Author Topic: GameMode Murder(classic)  (Read 28343 times)

How did you make the role checker?

Nevermind figured it out

Okay I got the map and the role checker but I add it and I don't see it, I give up

Thanks Sylvanor, when Felipe sees me he's probably just like "Not this kid again", but anyways. I have finally figured it out. Thanks Felipe and sorry for all the trouble.

Thanks Sylvanor, when Felipe sees me he's probably just like "Not this kid again", but anyways. I have finally figured it out. Thanks Felipe and sorry for all the trouble.

Nah bro. I can guarantee you im not like those. Also you have helped me alot with catching bugs.

Just pm me if you have any questions or report.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:09:54 PM by FelipeO_O_ »

Looking at the code:
function playAlive() You should check if the player exists before doing continuing the checks so you do not get tons of console spam
 From if(%play.getDatablock().maxDamage - %play.getDamageLevel()) to if(isObject(%play) && %play.getDatablock().maxDamage - %play.getDamageLevel())
Since you're just not removing bodies I would just use something like if(isObject(%play) && %play.getState() !$= "dead")

else if(%sec == 1000)
    messageServer("10 minutes remaining..");
else if(%sec == 500)
    messageServer("5 minutes remaining..");

This is still incorrect, 1000 is not 60 * 10, and 500 is not 60 * 5

item.cs has some debug echo(%item); I recommend removing it
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 01:05:48 PM by Kyuande »

So far I think Felipe did a good job on this gamemode however, I finally know how to add maps now and it's really fun! Felipe I have an idea though, but I'm not sure if this is possible or if it would take too much time. Maybe you could add the ability for the murderer to disguise as other players, but they only have the ability to do it once. I'm thinking this so the murderer could be a bit more sneaky, and not just pull out a knife and kill everyone, and actually possibly try to be sneaky. I think that would be cool. I don't know how you would change the name and identity of the player once they disguise, but maybe you could remove names, and just add it so you could change into another character when you click on someone. I'm not sure, but so far this is really good. Thanks!

Adding a help command would be nice as well for newcomers.

Yes I agree, plus a lot(some, maybe just 1 person)  on my server asked for maybe a 2% chance for a special round, where everyone gets a gun. I'm not sure if this a good idea but thanks.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 03:26:35 PM by LeeroyJenkins »

I played this a bit and found some issues:
The gun is extremely glitchy and sometimes goes through players, and the bullets can be jumped over as they are slow. Also why is there an ugly :deathmessage hidden; message whenever someone dies? i would suggest doing a closed before public release next time to check for bugs.

I played again and I am not sure, the gamemode is fun Felipe, but some people are always innocent, and I feel like I am still becoming murder a lot. Could you maybe update this or something? I've become innocent and sheriff sometimes but I become murderer a lot more. Also Felipe could you add a shop where you could get better weapons that have faster bullets and faster reloading speed? I would really appreciate this. Thanks Felipe!

Updated

+Added help command
+Removed "hidden death message"
+Guns are now faster
and all the reports.

Looking at the code...

The problem is that torque  isnt a accurate engine. So schedules are always "delayed".

you still haven't fixed the countdown logic, and you haven't applied viso's advice on fixing console spam and removing the debug echos.

Code: [Select]
  if(%sec == 1200)
  {
    messageServer("20 minutes remaining..");
  }
   else if(%sec == 1000)
    messageServer("10 minutes remaining..");
   else if(%sec == 500)
    messageServer("5 minutes remaining..");

there are 60 seconds in a minute.
if you have 1000 seconds and divide it by 60 you will get 16 minutes, not 10 minutes.
if you have 500 seconds and divide it by 60 you will get 8 minutes, not 5 minutes.

20 minutes is 1200 seconds, that is the only one you have correct.

you should also use a spell checker on your strings displayed to players to make the game-mode more polished and presentable, words such as "xerif" and "beggining" are spelled incorrectly and the person doing the murdering is the "murderer" not the "murder".