How to be a better user

Author Topic: How to be a better user  (Read 4405 times)

I try to follow the examples of those viewed as "good users" and not those viewed as trolls, yet everyone seems to hate me more than trolls.
Who do you consider 'good users' that you try to imitate? I ask because not all popular users are necessarily good.
You also have to remember that even good users have their bad habits and their bad days. We all get angry or make mistakes.

And as for people hating you more than trolls, that's deceptive. If someone dislikes you and is outspoken about it then it does seem like everyone hates you, because you take it personally. You read that negativeness as a lot more because it affects you.
But I guarantee there are far fewer people who hate you (or even have an opinion on you) than you think there are.

Just be a nice person and avoid arguments where you can. If you say something dumb or controversial then remember that it's a lot easier to just walk away than it is to argue with people or try to make amends.
You don't always have to be right or have the last word.

Who do you consider 'good users' that you try to imitate? I ask because not all popular users are necessarily good.

like me

like me

you're really not that bad, like i don't agree with you politically but you're still a generally nice guy

you're really not that bad, like i don't agree with you politically but you're still a generally nice guy
unlike me, which im pretty sure my reputation is stained by my past posts, especially this topic i created in the wrong place and without thought

Speak for yourself buddy. You don't have an ounce of maturity.
look what roosterroach just crawled out of the woodwork

Speak for yourself buddy. You don't have an ounce of maturity.
look what roosterroach just crawled out of the woodwork
he might be speaking for himself and another guy
doesn't mean he's not right