LegoPepper - Unreasonable Admin, Making up false reasons to ban me for

Author Topic: LegoPepper - Unreasonable Admin, Making up false reasons to ban me for  (Read 49092 times)

Real fun trying to tell a guy to stop moving while he's running away as you're typing.

moveforward(1);
then you can't stop moving until you manually type moveforward(0); back into console, which is extremely inconvinient

moveforward(1);

Oh wow and when they stop moving let me just type that crap in console again and awkwardly be about like 5-10 feet in front of them.

then you can't stop moving until you manually type moveforward(0); back into console, which is extremely inconvinient

Also this.

So I had to go raid the house of my would be attacker. But I didn't want to start screaming awkwardly outside until they walked out the house and killed me.

So I broke in and started swinging.

Against the rules because I didn't talk first.

I know naruto is a popular anime but real ninjas don't loving talk and announce all their attacks before they do it. I wouldn't do the same in a real scenario.

you mistakenly assumes that there is one right course of administration and in a lack of rules the admins will always come to a consensus on what you can or cannot do. all admins see the server as being something and will try to make it into that vision, meaning all admins have a different tolerance on violence and other behavior. this isnt necessarily bad but when it comes to judgements on things like will this character live or die it is important to have a set of rules clarified so players can act without fear of being banned for doing shadier stuff and so everyone can be judged equally. since everyone is bitching about the quality of the server administration most would rather have the admins chained via rules than let them forget around
adding on to this it is inevitable an informal ruleset will spring up even in the lack of one as long as a host's judgements are consistent and he makes his administrators conform to them so you might as well write them down

i think it stops if you push w

i think it stops if you push w
It doesn't

It's like "turnleft(1);" or otherwise, it won't stop unless you retype it

It does, actually. I just tested it.

wait what

Whenever I did it you had to retype it into console for it to stop

Forcing actions to be met with talking first is a bad idea.

wait what

Whenever I did it you had to retype it into console for it to stop
pft

turnleft(1); can be stopped if you have a keybind, simple.

What I like is how even the heaviest armor wearing knights and guards suddenly become acrobats and can run across rooftops and climb walls