Author Topic: Squeaky Clean's Racetrack Shenanigans  (Read 821 times)

Some of you may have seen me hosting this during the first couple weeks of January so I figured I may as well make a topic for it.

I currently only have one map, a large figure eight with a two jumps, a loop da loop, and a start/finish line.  Mostly used as proof of concept but its also what started this whole thing.

For car spawning, please spawn a car inside the garages.  I've included a picture tutorial at the spawn along with a text tutorial.

I'm also working on a new map which is currently named Valley.  However, I may add a poll once it's done for people to choose a name (its kind of a valley but also not quite).

A little bit on the title.  This server started off as a break from a building project over winter break which I started to get bored of.  Decided to build a racing map that slowly
        morphed into what it is now.  Ultimately if I finish everything, the name will probably change but who knows!

Things to come/future plans:
  • Main hub world including the garage and an area to potentially show off cars (for this to happen I really need a way to have a car tied to a player so they can set a brick to their personal car)
  • Currently have 4 maps planned (including Valley), including but not limited to, Volcano, City, Beach
  • Add less-intrusive vehicle sounds to all vehicles.  (Currently only on KeiCars, they are incredibly loud and I hope to edit the cars to include a separate mount point for sounds)
  • Server wide music? Unsure if I want to do that or use the stereo mod.
  • A serverside list of times on the different tracks that would be displayed in the hub world (would love to do it with prints but text based would also work)
  • A minigame system that would put you in a minigame when you teleported to a race.  The current race events only work if you're in a minigame (makes sense) but this means multiple races can only take place at one time if there are different minigames.  Unsure if there are join/leaveMinigame events that I could use for this

Added a link to a zip for the bricks used on the server so people can build their own maps but please use ModTer as much as you can.
    Get bricks here.
    If you wish to build your own map, please use ModTer (the only places I don't use ModTer in the first map are starting line and camera stuff).
    In regards to 4x ModTer which I use in some places, I have some prints made that are quarters of the normal prints.  Message me if you want them/if there are ones you want to
    use.  I use them so they mesh with the larger prints while being able to build inside normal ModTer.

Added a link to a zip for the cars used on this server if you wish to reduce your load times, as there are quite a few cars.
    Get cars here.

Whew lots of text, I think thats all for now! Feel free to give me suggestions!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:30:51 PM by DaBlocko »

Neat, this kinda reminds me of that one track from Mario Kart DS.