Author Topic: How does one start a project  (Read 2761 times)

u no make blockland 2
o ye of little faith, that's not something that happens overnight
like seriously, I'm signed up for a programming class since I'm having trouble understanding how to do management on a large number of objects, I said I planned to make it and not "I'm doing this, expect a release soon," stop being like "haaaaa, where's the game" when I said in the OP that it would come out "before my death... hopefully."
Blockland 2 is still a plan in my future, though not under that name of course. Don't expect it at LEAST until I'm done with college.

Anyways, progress is being made on the Blocklounge.
I'm totally not just redoing the system over and over to make it work better

I'm also kinda waiting on a Slayer update or someone to come up with the missing minigame switch event, since for most of what I want to do, I need it to switch between minigame modes and stuff.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:09:21 PM by SuperSuit12 »

Insert shameless plug here.

Aka, start the project by yourself, then ask for people to help, whilst still maintaining progress by yourself.
But actually, this.  I started building my racetracks with zero intention of actually going anywhere with them and only posted a thread last Thursday (Like 3 weeks after I actually started).

You really need to show progress before asking people for help.  Kinda like kickstarter.  The less people who deliver on a project with almost no actual product to show beforehand, the less people will buy into it.

As much as you may wish to be more of a leader and coordinate stuff, if you don't have the resume to show off you won't attract people.

Edit:
I'm also kinda waiting on a Slayer update or someone to come up with the missing minigame switch event, since for most of what I want to do, I need it to switch between minigame modes and stuff.
Is this a thing? I need that so badly holy crap (assuming this means you can switch between different minigames and not just CTF or TDM or something).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:11:44 PM by DaBlocko »

There was a third (fourth?) party addon that let you switch between Slayer minigames, but I can't find it and Slayer itself has a (broken) event for switching modes (it also switches preferences too, but I don't really need that :P)
IDK whether the switcher addon even works, but I can't find a copy of it. There's two versions, too...

no such thing as fourth party; third party is right

Also, everybody knew you could not do blockland 2. Another tip would be to not start or ask for help on projects that you blatantly cannot and will not finish.
A: I haven't failed yet, I never put a deadline on it and I'm not dead. I still plan to do that.
B: This isn't an entire game. All it needs are a few saves and this addon I can't find (or the Slayer event Greek plans to update.)
never ever use slayer
That's the only way to get teams in minigames. What do you have against Slayer?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:59:10 AM by SuperSuit12 »

That's the only way to get teams in minigames.
there was team deathmatch

there was team deathmatch
'was' is the keyword here. You're stuck with slayer if you want teams, not sure what you would have against it though.