Poll

well?

yes
14 (25.5%)
no
41 (74.5%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: is dyeing your skin a different color for the sake of cosplay wrong?  (Read 1920 times)

do you think so? i think a lot of people overreact over absolutely nothing

wait what
many people are known to use products like bronzer or body paint to change their skin tone to make it appear as if they are the same skin color of the person they are dressed up as. while usually nobody gets hate for fictional characters that dont resemble real skin color, some characters they play as are a lighter/darker skin tone than them.

Dunno why there'd be a problem with someone changing themselves in order to pay homage to a character they like and everything about them

if its not derogatory or used as a way to blatantly offend that particular skin color then no

but heres the question; what if you wanted to roleplay as kentucky fried chicken coach

I'd say you should be more flattered if someone is trying to mimic your skin color because they like you so much

you probably shouldn't cover your face in shoe polish, but making yourself a tone faithful to whomever your cosplaying is fine imo

cosplay is wrong
dressing up as an anime girl goes against the bible
johhny 321:3

this really awesome girl at my high school painted herself blue and dressed up as sapphire from steven universe for the Halloween costume contest in 2015

she was just short and skinny enough to make it look REALLY convincing, she even had a blue wig to put down over her eyes, apparently the paint was really expensive and she made the dress herself, but some cigarette went up on the costume contest stage and won the competition as "guy in hat" apparently he was a popular underclassmen. To his credit I have no loving clue what his name was, so I guess he had popularity among other forget bois.

either way, if its permanent, yeah probably not good, but just for a day like my friend did can be awesome done right. I wish I had a pic of her costume but that was before I had a smartphone

Yes, it's fine. How am I supposed to cosplay as a slave anyways?

absolutely no problem