Author Topic: suggest redgaijin new games  (Read 7379 times)

also would you consider nier:automata to be an anime game?
may check dragons dogma out when it comes on sale
also yes looks like weeb garbage
if you havent played far cry 3 its pretty good.

if you have, play far cry 3 blood dragon. its better
tbh i had far cry 2 for ps3 and forgetin hated it and havent came back to the series since so idk maybe ill look into it
You should give space station 13 a look, it's free. Kinda hard to get into, definitely a really niche thing.
i have seen this before and may try it out sometime

if your pc is good enough for dolphin, try battle for bikini bottom. it's an old game, but it's very fun.

if your pc is good enough for dolphin, try battle for bikini bottom. it's an old game, but it's very fun.
i had this game
if you can run dolphin then also get a rom of kirby's airride its got a ton of replay value

get ecco the dolphin for sega genesis

NieR:Automata - Lots of swords, RPG elements, pretty goddamn good story

Oxygen Not Included - 2D Rimworld in a space rock, but be warned its still in alpha but the game is in a playable state

SS13 - Digital crack, if you learn it you'll love it, don't be phased by the hordes of furcigarettes, just welderbomb them, or apply toolbox to head repeatedly.

get ecco the dolphin for sega genesis
pong or bust
NieR:Automata - Lots of swords, RPG elements, pretty goddamn good story

Oxygen Not Included - 2D Rimworld in a space rock, but be warned its still in alpha but the game is in a playable state

SS13 - Digital crack, if you learn it you'll love it, don't be phased by the hordes of furcigarettes, just welderbomb them, or apply toolbox to head repeatedly.
weeb trash

looks kinda cool may try

yes someone has suggested this may try

so new question, what about some good strategy games that REALLY give you a challenge. could be a good rts or something, but not some 2d puzzle game

no it's actually a really fun game, you can probably ironically emulate it well via dolphin

so new question, what about some good strategy games that REALLY give you a challenge. could be a good rts or something, but not some 2d puzzle game
world in conflict's a nice classic, also has a good story/plot if you're into that kind of thing, there isn't too much challenge for me but that's probably cause i've played it through like 3 times now. the game has a really nice atmosphere, and it ran pretty well on my laptop from ages ago on around medium-high quality settings

the men of war (excluding assault squad 2 don't get that stuff) series has some nicely done and challenging campaigns, and probably the more challenging ones i've played are from the original men of war, which i'd say is the best in the series. it also comes with a really good editor/map creator if you're into that kind of stuff and can set up your own scenarios/battles, and i've gotten some really good replayability out of it if that's your thing. to add onto that, the original men of war also has a really large modding community, so i'd say go with it if that's your kinda thing. other than that, the campaign levels are fine. iirc the campaign levels consist of the soviets, british, germans, and the americans. there's no japanese campaign, but the japanese are still in the editor.

as for men of war: assault squad, i don't have too much different to say about it, but from what i've seen the modding community is pretty smaller than the original game, and i didn't get as much enjoyment out of it, but it's still pretty cool. again, if you don't like the editor parts of the game, it also comes with some pretty nice campaigns that have mostly the same factions as before, and also a japanese campaign.

neither games are very graphically demanding, but the environment is pretty much 95% destructible so you may have some slowdown if you do a lot of destruction at once, but that's fairly rare so you should be fine

men of war - http://store.steampowered.com/app/7830
mean of war: as - http://store.steampowered.com/app/64000

another really good and classic RTS is rise of nations, which can either be pure RTS with nation building aspects or a grand strategy-ish board game with RTS elements with different scenarios. it goes from the start of the ancient ages to the current-day information age through technological research, though you can generally edit the starts of games to choose what age you want to start and end at, along with a lot of other game-focused settings, like what kind of map you want, population cap, etc. not graphically demanding at all.

i'd say it's a really good and challenging game at moderate difficulty and above. check it out for yourself and see if you like it

http://store.steampowered.com/app/287450
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:53:01 AM by Decepticon »

play stellaris with me

while it is a 2d indie game, downwell is a very fun action game

it's simple, move left and right, jump, and pressing jump while in midair lets you use your gunboots to shoot down any enemy you see (except a select few)

you can stomp some enemies and gain ridiculous combos for high rewards (while bright red ones damage you on contact)

collecting gems they drop or in caves that stop time enough (100 gems) allow you to become 'gem high', giving your weapons boosted damage as long as you keep collecting more. they can also be used in shops to buy health, max HP, or energy (max ammo) for your gun, or in some cases, HP and energy

the caves mentioned earlier contains either the gem crystals you can shoot to get gems, or gun modules, that either give HP (shaped like a heart) or give more energy (shaped like a box?). they all work differently, like a laser that shoots a heavy damage, 1xinfinity laser that basically kills anything in its path, but uses lots of ammo, or the 'noppy' which changes the bullet angle depending on if you move right of left. the caves also stop time, so being inside one allows you to plan out what to do if swarmed by enemies

at the end of a level, you a can choose an upgrade, like a drone that shoots with you, the ability to make all destroyable blocks turn into upward bullets when shot, or a heart balloon that pops and explodes violently, killing anything in the explosion when touched

there are 5 areas, with the first 4 bring unique in their own ways, and the last being a final boss requiring you to use all the skills you've learned so far. every one is randomly generated and is never the same in layout, but same in style.

playing more unlocks more palettes to change the game's color, and different playstyles that change how things work, like armspin style that only gives gun modules in caves, and shops are rare to see at all. different palettes change how the 3 colors of the game look, red, white, and black, to something different, like pink, white and blue, with more than 30 to unlock.

the game is of course a roguelike, and can be ruthless with difficulty, but not unfairly so. with some practice, clearing areas can be a breeze and beating the game can be a definite possibility. with some effort, you can unlock hard mode and be given a real challenge

on one last note, the game is super cheap and is on a lot of platforms with no inapp purchase DLC bullstuff. $2.99 on steam, and currently $1.49 (50%) with the sale they have going on. also on android, ios, ps4 and ps vita, so you can play it almost anywhere

if you want an easy to learn, addicting, challenging rogue-like, this is a game i'd recommend playing

Speaking of Real Time Strategies, have you ever played LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth 1&2? It's actually super cool.

The Myth series. It doesn't have any resource management or base building. You're given an army of units and you have to make best with those for the mission you have.
I believe it was Myth II that I played when I was younger, don't think I played the first or third one.