Super's Art Adventures

Author Topic: Super's Art Adventures  (Read 1296 times)

so I dug out an old art notebook a while back and started drawing, posted a sketch, and paid 80-some bucks for a drawing tablet, woot woot
now I'm drawing with that tablet

main thing I want to say is, drawing tablets aren't that hard to use once you get used to them, and anyone who says "you are your own worst critic" never met me. I switch between "It sucks, but it sucks less than what came before it" and "I am awesome at art, bow before my amazing powers of artistry"

I use FireAlpaca and a Wacom Intuos (Art? I think? Not pro or draw AFAIK they're the only ones with differences in the Intuos line)

wham, have a quick sketch I tried to do perspective on a person but failed

I wonder what this is, considering it has the number 12 on it

oh boy a flower, this is my first real drawing with the Intuos (I was just trying to get used to it with the above drawing.)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:28:49 PM by SuperSuit12 »

How do you guys find motivation to do art? I like doing it, but coming up with something to draw is hard.

Go outside, look at things, steal peoples art...

Or go online and find pictures of animals, places, or things and draw them.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:42:38 PM by cblock360 »

I usually draw memes or random unfunny stuff

Just go on a random server on tf2 using quickplay
         Browse devianart for bad ideas

if you have nothing to draw a (kind of) easy thing to do is take a few requests from somewhere
like, 3-4 of them

a bonus from that is also learning to draw different things depending on what they request

just don't take too many or too big of requests because then you'll feel like you have to do them all when in reality you don't have to do any of them

I generally draw on paper first... I don't know why. I just can't get inspired with the computer in front of me the way I can with paper!

And my tablet drivers keep crashing or something when I unplug the tablet and plug it in again. I really wanna draw something but now I can't without rebooting which is a hassle...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 11:26:37 PM by SuperSuit12 »