Author Topic: Oculus forced to pay 500m to ZeniMax after NDA breach/other offenses  (Read 1571 times)

Occulus has sucked ever since Facebook got their hands on it

Occulus has sucked ever since Facebook got their hands on it
I've worked with Oculus since the DK1. The reasons I think you're wrong are because pre-Facebook Oculus had:

• No Touch controls or Motion Sensors for position tracking
  • Lower fidelty gyroscope
  • 720p Screens
  • 60FPS Targets (instead of the much better 90FPS)
  • Extremely uncomfortable headset design

And there were significant issues in the SDK that have since been resolved. The cash injection from Facebook has given them a huge boost to correct all those issues and now the device is actually able to compete with the Vive, barring the price difference.

Holy crap, this is quite possibly the nicest "Here's why I think you're wrong" post from McJob I've ever seen.

Holy crap, this is quite possibly the nicest "Here's why I think you're wrong" post from McJob I've ever seen.

he didn't swear once
who are you and what did you do to mcjob

imo bcuase ipquarx is actually a respectable person

I like how McJob can debunk nearly everything against or for something.

500m? Thats far. How much land to they have?

they had about 30k of land

who the forget wants a rift anyway lol. its vive's gay poor cousin.

who the forget wants a rift anyway lol. its vive's gay poor cousin.
Rift came first and the newer editions have joysticks sooo

On a serious note, $500 Million is not actually that much if you consider the scope; Palmer Luckey or John Carmack could probably pay that out of pocket, and it doesn't even dent Facebook's financials.

Considering the original lawsuit was $4 BILLION, I think $500M is quite a small amount by comparison.

Speaking of John Carmack, he's REALLY pissed off about ZeniMax getting any cash, particularly with their means and actions during the court meetings. Stay strong, John.