Recommend me a new laptop

Author Topic: Recommend me a new laptop  (Read 1075 times)

I got a bunch of soda o n my laptop and everything's forgeted

I just need something that can play a few games without blowing up
I also haven't bought a computer in six years so this'll be fun

what is your budget / the most you're willing to spend on it?

Probably around 900-1k

this is the most important question
second question is will you be able to have it plugged in all the time or do you want it to be able to play for a few hours on battery

Why not buy a desktop if you have the budget of $1k?

it's probably more convenient for him to have a laptop otherwise he would just say computer

For about $200 under your budget that you can save for other stuff you may want, you should go with the Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK which is currently going for $799, a steal of a price for what you get

Features / Specs:
  • Intel i7 6700HQ @2.6Ghz
  • Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
  • 1TB + 8GB SSHD (Basically a HDD and SSD in one, the SSD is used for the OS)
  • 15.6" 1080P Matte IPS Display
  • Windows 10 OS
  • Matte black build with dark red details and backlit keyboard
  • 3 USB 3.0 Ports, HDMI out, Ethernet, SD card slot, and a microphone / headphone jack (like what phones have)

For the price, it is a damn good system and it comes from a good brand as well. I highly suggest going with this and using the rest of your money to go towards a new gaming mouse, webcam, or whatever you'd like.

Space restraints / portability
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:07:30 PM by Insert Name Here² »

I have that laptop and I don't have many complaints about it. The form factor is pretty good compared to my old asus g75, but since it's a gaming laptop it still weighs more than other laptops. The screen isn't really that bright outdoors, so that's inconvenient if you're taking it into a well-lit room. If you're willing to spend a bit more money you can upgrade it with a samsung ssd and move your programs to it.

For about $200 under your budget that you can save for other stuff you may want, you should go with the Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK which is currently going for $799, a steal of a price for what you get

Features / Specs:
  • Intel i7 6700HQ @2.6Ghz
  • Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
  • 1TB + 8GB SSHD (Basically a HDD and SSD in one, the SSD is used for the OS)
  • 15.6" 1080P LED Display
  • Windows 10 OS
  • Matte black build with dark red details and backlit red keyboard
  • 3 USB 3.0 Ports, HDMI out, Ethernet, SD card slot, and a microphone / headphone jack (like what phones have)

For the price, it is a damn good system and it comes from a good brand as well. I highly suggest going with this and using the rest of your money to go towards a new gaming mouse, webcam, or whatever you'd like.
Space restraints / portability
I'd really go with this one as well. For $800, you're getting a really good deal.

to add to what insert name here said: dell is also an insanely good brand now too, good case designs (not as good as asus but still) great pricing, surprisingly good customer support and their screens are really good too. they REALLY stepped their game up since they went private.