Nothing
something else
nothing
something
nothing
nothing
Nothing!
Something!

Author Topic: Post 3D models here!  (Read 71823 times)

Wow, you guys are getting pretty good at modifying and reshaping primitives, but those who are modelling from scratch, gg to you too. :cookieMonster:

I'm gonna win.
Needs more roostering handle.

I only use primitives when I model for blockland. And when I do that I refine the shape and add on verticies untill I can mold it into what I want. Ya I know it is a weired way of modeling but I taught my self so I was surprised I made it this far with out a tutorial.

I only use primitives when I model for blockland. And when I do that I refine the shape and add on verticies untill I can mold it into what I want. Ya I know it is a weired way of modeling but I taught my self so I was surprised I made it this far with out a tutorial.

Most people here taught themselves. I certainly did, and I rarely have to use prims.

holy stuff, 2 metric ton gun? :cookieMonster:

Well as the image states, it was for a competition, a concept competition, of which you could choose one of 4 concepts to do. The rest were pretty lame pistol smg things, plus this was the only one that actually looked cool. (everyone else did this gun too :cookieMonster:), but one of the criteria for judging is concept accuracy, of which I followed to the pixel.

Maybe I should start holding competitions in this thread? Just small things like "best physics gun" or "best [insert thing from some sc-fi or video game here". On a side note This is probably my first model destined to be used (if I can export it D8) for some thing usefull scince I-don't-know-when........

Edit: Pic won't upload just give me a minute or two.

Second edit: give me a few minutes to find a file hosting site.

Third edit: Ok I think I finally have the pic....

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 07:47:12 PM by Lt Chub Chub »

I'm not being cheeky or anything but... what is it?

A crappy Jpeg on a messed up angle of a awsome model that will never get exported thanks to the wonders of the exporter smoth shadeing on export and not leting me tell it not to?

I would asume so but I can't evaluate my own work so I wan't input.

is this good i worked hard on it :D

Well the scaling is completely off, but the general shape is there. (I'm assuming you followed the beretta 2000 tutorial)

No, actually i didn't i just made this off the model of my bee-bee gun

You fail. Nice job stealing it, Nick. You've just lost your rep, completely.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=20605070&union_id=55&page=21

Scroll down, you will see a post with the same gun. Next time, don't use google, and go to like the 8th page or something.