19 (50%)
Because people want other people to drink bleach
3 (7.9%)
I don't know
4 (10.5%)
I want to drink bleach
12 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Why is bleach depicted as being white?  (Read 4951 times)

Why is bleach depicted as being white?

For those who don't know, bleach is actually clear.

I just found out the bleach isn't actually white, even though it is commonly depicted as such. Bleach is clear, not white, so why is it depicted as such? I understand that the bottle is white, but that isn't what I mean. The actual liquid is depicted commonly as white, instead of clear. This doesn't seem fair, who decided it was okay to change bleach from clear to white, was it for aesthetic? Infact, this could lead to major issues since Bleach is actually clear like water, but since most people won't know it isn't actually white, then one day someone could drink a nice cold cup of loving BLEACH? Is this what you want, for me to one day, accidentally drink bleach instead of water or crystal pepsi? Damn it this isn't a thing to be loving around with. Bleach is deadly if consumed, so why on earth did this go unnoticed for so long? We need to start a movement for people to know that Bleach isn't white! #BleachIsClear

But don't take my word, take the word of the forum. (Vote on the poll to decide.)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 06:27:55 PM by Master Matthew² »

Probably the same reason people say water is blue even though its also clear.

Because the term used when referring to the whitening of someones skin is "bleaching"

Probably the same reason mirrors are depicted as silver.

I've never seen it depicted as white.

It reflects the pure souls of those too good for this world.

EVEN THOUGH NOBODY ASKED FOR IT I WANT TO SHINE MY KNOWLEDGE ON EVERYONE

the reason the bottle is white is so the chemicals inside don't get contaminated by light

wait wha
so all that time i hadn't drank bleach that one time??
no wonder it tasted like milk

EVEN THOUGH NOBODY ASKED FOR IT I WANT TO SHINE MY KNOWLEDGE ON EVERYONE

the reason the bottle is white is so the chemicals inside don't get contaminated by light
How can light contaminate it, if the light goes right through it because it's clear?

I thought it was blue
maybe it is in commie-safety-no-fun-land

I wonder if op learned that bleach was clear after almost drinking some