Author Topic: [NEWS] Bill Proposed to Dismantle Department of Education by 2018  (Read 5668 times)

That Annoying Orange put whats-her-fsce in charge of the department of education because he planned to abolish it
and why is this considered a positive thing

and why is this considered a positive thing

As far as I can tell the department of education isn't actually as important as it sounds or particularly useful. It's just more government fat that's not needed.

Removing the department of education will completely destroy every educational check and balance that handles things like IEP, paraprofessionals, safety checks and other things. This will privatize education and lead to exploit of students, specifically students who are from disadvantaged families or are disadvantaged themselves. It will also remove all student loans and tax stuff so applying to college will be made 100% harder.

This entire bill is a huge mistake that will hurt millions of american students and families. It's not a good thing unless you have no learning disabilities and live in an upper class family and attend a private school.

As far as I can tell the department of education isn't actually as important as it sounds or particularly useful. It's just more government fat that's not needed.
It's more important than you think.

Also the entire civil rights policy wing of DOE will be dismantled, which already is a huge loving issue by itself. Teachers might have a hard time finding employment after this, too.

thanks obama

but really though holy loving stuff

Also the entire civil rights policy wing of DOE will be dismantled, which already is a huge loving issue by itself. Teachers might have a hard time finding employment after this, too.
sorry to nitpick but DOE refers to the dept of energy. ED is the education dept's designation

fuuuuck, i just needed one more year to finally escape high school. I hope this doesn't forget anything up immediately, but it'd be even better if they stopped breaking everything right goddamn now.

"It is certainly our hope that more and more churches will get more and more active and engaged in education."

we're forgeted
why do people insist on having churches run our schools

my old christian school made me hate going to church.

why do people insist on having churches run our schools

my old christian school made me hate going to church.
because these are the kind of people who can't understand the very concept of separation of church and state, the difference between proven and unproven claims, the difference between a theory and a wild guess, or the difference between critical thinking and the sticks wedged up their asses.

o fug
i graduate in 2020

but not everyone is christian in america

i wonder how many GOP lawmakers have dropped bills just like this one into the hopper. they probably did it just so they can wave around proposals at election time for brownie points, most likely case is that absolutely nothing will come of this. we'll see if it even makes it out of committee. this is the sort of thing you'd have to be absolutely bonkers to seriously bring into congress

I'm alright with the dept. of education being reformed (not quite dissolved, but maintaining safeguards while changing the system on the inside) but what i'm NOT okay with is religious values being put into education.