[NEWS] Bill Proposed to Dismantle Department of Education by 2018

Author Topic: [NEWS] Bill Proposed to Dismantle Department of Education by 2018  (Read 5548 times)

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/318310-gop-lawmaker-proposes-abolishing-department-of-education

Also, Betsy DeVos is now Secretary of Education, confirmed 51-50. Mike Pence cast the tie-breaking vote.

Quote from: Betsy Devos
Asked whether Christian schools should continue to rely on giving—rather than pushing for taxpayer money through vouchers—Betsy DeVos replied, "There are not enough philanthropic dollars in America to fund what is currently the need in education...Our desire is to confront the culture in ways that will continue to advance God's kingdom."

Added richard DeVos: "As we look at many communities in our country, the church has been displaced by the public school as the center for activity... It is certainly our hope that more and more churches will get more and more active and engaged in education."

What kind of disaster resulted in Betsy DeVos being made Secretary of Education?

Of course Pence would want a loving braindead vulture to be handling our already-stuff education system. Good thing it's just a proposition.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:34:41 PM by PhantOS »

What kind of voting disaster resulted in Betsy DeVos being made Secretary of Education?

Thank god I graduate from high school this year. Any later and i'd be forgeted
Mike Pence happened, it seems.

"It is certainly our hope that more and more churches will get more and more active and engaged in education."

we're forgeted

rip the youth's braincells

I feel like this is the type of stuff all sides of the political spectrum can forget my english is bad

i think many conservative and libertarian users will come through and express how bad of an idea this is, on top of 99% of the liberal users
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:41:43 PM by PhantOS »

Well thank god I'll be done with regular education by 2019. This sounds just plain disastrous though.

i think many conservative and libertarian users will come through and express how bad of an idea this is, on top of 99% of the liberal users
I think conservatives would be in favor of such a bill, actually

/pol/ was right again
What was /pol/ predicting? Just curious.

your grades belong to jesus now

What was /pol/ predicting? Just curious.

That Annoying Orange put whats-her-fsce in charge of the department of education because he planned to abolish it