[NEWS] Bill Proposed to Dismantle Department of Education by 2018

Author Topic: [NEWS] Bill Proposed to Dismantle Department of Education by 2018  (Read 5549 times)

no longer can the theory of evolution be taught in school

yeah uh if i'm gonna be taught about jesus christ in class i'm just going to praise stalin instead

Next, we will no longer be able to teach about gravity in school, as that's also just a theory. Engineers will wonder why they keep failing after graduating from that environment. This is going backwards.

My parents won't leave the country.

I'm alright with the dept. of education being reformed (not quite dissolved, but maintaining safeguards while changing the system on the inside) but what i'm NOT okay with is religious values being put into education.

>not wanting school driven crusades

>not wanting school driven crusades
alright class, your homework tonight for every class for the rest of your school career is DEUS VULT

The ED is integral for the process of protecting the rights of the students who are considered by society to be disadvantaged: special needs, physically disabled, and others who may need help.
If they dismantle it, the Federal government will have no oversight to protect students' rights. The Department of Education shouldn't be pushing for a voucher system or for common core, as that is Federal overreach and is arguably unconstitutional.

Abolishing the Department of Education would give states all the power, and I would assume that there'd be a lot of inequality in terms of education quality and opportunities for students. This is just dumb.

Abolishing the Department of Education would give states all the power, and I would assume that there'd be a lot of inequality in terms of education quality and opportunities for students. This is just dumb.
And there already is a disparity. I'm sure McZealot can tell you all about the Oklahoma school system.

we are big bad apes, come get me police

checkmate christians B)