Author Topic: The Enigma of Amigara Fault  (Read 1249 times)

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZNSaq

Read like the japs

Spooky stuff! Interesting read.

the enigma of amigara fault, while creepy,, is very overrated.
i much prefer junji ito's cat diary

such a good and terrifying read, one of the only pieces of literature both linguistic and graphic that have genuinely made me uncomfortable.

off-topic: junji ito better be involved in Death Stranding somehow bc o boy was PT good.

this same author has some other really creepy stuff. this one personally is overrated but still really effective by combining various phobias (claustrophobia, the mysterious presence stuff, the self-harm theme).

Ito's stuff is great. I like Gyo the best because it's just so unsettling. Uzumaki is amazing too but sometimes it's a bit over the top and borders on comical. Also Black Paradox is underrated in my opinion.

hellstar remina is kinda depressing

junji ito appreciation thread

here's another good one: "A Deserter in the House"

junji ito appreciation thread

here's another good one: "A Deserter in the House"
holy forget, that's some good stuff right there.

anyone in this thread should read this, goot reed.

hellstar remina is kinda depressing
yea but the part where they all fly through the air like a swarm of bees was hilarious

i've read hellstar remina which was pretty good and army of one, i liked both of them but i don't get army of one too much

spoiler;
how the hell did she kill over 500 people and make them disappear within minutes? the whole coming-of-age event apparently had excessive security, did they just not have any cops in there, either? how did she string up like 80 people at a metropolitan center with christmas decorations with nobody there to notice? i remember one of the officials in the story suggesting it was 'extra terrestrial' so was that really it? how much did she spend on fishing wire? also why was the mother all 'don't come in here' at the end when it was the girl?

i also remember reading this one about swirls that caused everything to go to absolute stuff and drove people insane, i'm not sure but i believe that one was junji ito

huh, woulda never expected to see this one again.

i'm not scared by it, but it is really good. writing, artstyle, everything.

i really hate how you have to read it backwards

i really hate how you have to read it backwards
its like stuffed crust my dude

i also remember reading this one about swirls that caused everything to go to absolute stuff and drove people insane, i'm not sure but i believe that one was junji ito
yes that one is also one of ito's works its called uzumaki