Jump Jet Challenge

Author Topic: Jump Jet Challenge  (Read 1809 times)

Ever wonder what happens when you realize you're washed up and have lost all your talent to build, but still want to contribute to the community somehow? Well, you're in the right forgetin place, bucko...

Placid's Jump Jet Challenge
... because I'd take function over form any day.

This build is literally trash. But I can almost promise you, unless your name is Skill4Life, that it will dumpster you. I considered not even providing pictures but I think it might help contextualize this topic. Enjoy and have a laugh at how terrible I've become at building. Click to see full res.

FAQ

• Who are you?

Some washed up motherforgeter. If you haven't been here since at least 2013, I probably don't know you. Sorry.

• No, seriously, who are you?

Used to be pretty decent at building (s/o to my oldies in AoB <3) but went off to college and all my building skills have quickly evaporated and left me with stuffty tones of gray and glow FX red bricks. See: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=234512.0

• Can you add more checkpoints?

No.

• Can you increase the player count?

Given the nature of this challenge, I'm mostly going to keep the player count very low. It would be very easy for people to boost to high ledges, especially given the presence of jets. So no.

• Where am I supposed to go? I'm confused.

Part of the challenge is figuring out where to go. I'm actually pretty proud of myself for making a building that actually has some sort of structural coherence, although I'm sure someone will find a way to exploit this and I'll be eating my own words.

• Whoa, I just found a treasure chest. Are there more of these?

There is one hidden somewhere in each level. Admittedly finding these can be very difficult and most of the time you cannot find it without resetting to the beginning of the level, so I apologize for that.

• Is that a print brick inside a modter brick?

Yes. Yes it is.

Well.. That's about all I can think of for now. See y'all around I guess.

Aaaand I guess I'll reserve this post for stupid stuff.

The server is up right now if anyone wants to swing by.
currently down. Will likely have to find a dedicated host as my internet is not stellar. Also s/o to Skill4Life and Blades for blowing the thing out of the water and Swollow, smh, Zeustal and everyone else for finding a player persistence bug that allows you to jet out of the map rofl O____________________________ ___O

enjoy some reviews

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:00:20 PM by Placid »

You can use the player collision dll to prevent boosting others up the ledges:

https://github.com/Zeblote/PlayerCollisionToggle

You can use the player collision dll to prevent boosting others up the ledges:

https://github.com/Zeblote/PlayerCollisionToggle
will have this up next time I host it <3

Also finished a new level, hurray. Probably gonna try and finish through 10 levels before I host again?

Also finished a new level, hurray. Probably gonna try and finish through 10 levels before I host again?
and maybe fix the jets smh

ya count on skill n blades to wreck any challenge that pops up no exceptions

those two are absolutely bonkers
anyways quality challenge
highly suggest playing
level 1 is hard but good training
level 2 and 3 are slightly easier
level 4 is a lot harder
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 11:45:49 AM by Conan »

anyways quality challenge highly suggest playing level 1 is hard but good training level 2 and 3 are slightly easier level 4 is a lot harder

this sentence is sponsored by punctuation
I had to read the start like three times, gat damn coneeeeeeen

Is there some sort of super hard challenge that gets your name on the OP if you do it?

Putting this up now. [sWill be in the process of implementing speedruns[/s] have to modify them to work how i want them to, will have them up within the week probably (s/o to Otto for sending me the events <3), have not yet injected player collision dll but the player count will be low anyways (since my internet is trash, sorry folks). There are currently 5.5 levels.

Also turning persistence off for the moment because honestly that jet bug is hilariously sad
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:17:37 PM by Placid »

turn shaders off when playing or else you'll not know what the forget you're looking at