Author Topic: How do i make photoshop video editing run faster?  (Read 2041 times)

Im trying to edit a video frame by frame, and photoshop was my go too, everything went perfectly, other than trying to play the video back in PS, it took at least 1 min and a half to load, and now im trying to render the video. i clicked render at least 5-10 minutes ago, WTF, help

get a better computer and/or get some patience

Jack off and leave

Why does it matter how long the render is if it renders?

rendering is usually dependent on gfx card

Jack off and leave

Why does it matter how long the render is if it renders?
Can be a lot of reasons, though in this situation it probably doesn't matter as you suggest. If it were some animation for a class he may not have the time to wait (if he's borrowing a computer)

That said, depending on the number of frames it's pretty weird that it would take so long. Most gif editors or makers can compile many images together relatively quickly.

Can be a lot of reasons, though in this situation it probably doesn't matter as you suggest. If it were some animation for a class he may not have the time to wait (if he's borrowing a computer)

That said, depending on the number of frames it's pretty weird that it would take so long. Most gif editors or makers can compile many images together relatively quickly.
speaking of frames, there are 9000+

rendering is usually dependent on gfx card
Rendering is extremely CPU dependent

Rendering is extremely CPU dependent
this is true. idk why i said gfx card lol

you probably would have been better off using some video program to splice off the parts you needed to edit, edit and render those parts only, then use the video editing program to splice it into the original. photoshop isn't designed around rendering or editing videos, so expecting it to do it quickly, even with a good computer, is something you probably should not do.

why the fucc are you using photoshop for that

hell i didn't even know that you could use photoshop for VIDEO editing