Author Topic: [News] Annoying Orange moves to kill sesame street  (Read 6918 times)

Does this mean the Democrats are the poor people party

Democrats are basically the "everyone else" party. I don't see the democrats wanting to destroy sesame street bruv

Republicans, aka the "forget poor people" party

like having to pay fines for not having health insurance? by definition, that is punishing people for poverty.

like having to pay fines for not having health insurance? by definition, that is punishing people for poverty.

Here's your problem, you're projecting your logic onto me. I don't think either party is infallible like you seem to. The modern republican party seems to be entirely focused on the consolidation of wealth to a complete fault and it really shows when they're cutting necessary budgets they deem "Bloated" while turning a blind eye to much bigger sources of federal fund hemorrhaging due to conflict of interest.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 04:02:11 AM by IkeTheGeneric »

Also, it is possible to criticize the republican party without necessarily supporting the democratic party. What makes you think otherwise?

the 2 biggest cuts even available are 1) military, that both sides seem to love no matter what.
and 2) all the welfare(s) that libs seem to think is infinite, and want to double our already insane amount within 10 years by taking in as many Mexicans and other migrants as possible.
forget safety and the fight against terrorism, not paying for these people to live with us is a simple fix.

Why is this even a thing
Who gives a stuff if he cuts funding to PBS, does anyone even watch them anymore?

Why is this even a thing
Who gives a stuff if he cuts funding to PBS, does anyone even watch them anymore?
1) millions of kids
2) just because you dont watch something doesn't mean its immediately worth destroying

PBS is insanely handy when it comes to educational exposure for children in lower income families. That's it's purpose in the first place, yeah? A yearly budget of $445m is incredibly minuscule, not really sort of something work 'cutting', it's not a significant enough budget cut to make any sort of difference.

Also, it is possible to criticize the republican party without necessarily supporting the democratic party. What makes you think otherwise?

Because it's very Democratic to shout baseless insults at the opposing side

Why is this even a thing
um

Because it's very Democratic to shout baseless insults at the opposing side

Well I guess this can be a testament to how reliable your judgement is. If you think everything I said is baseless, then you've already made my argument for me.

Depends how it's implemented

We have a levy in Australia for those over a certain income bracket who don't have private health insurance. In that case it's not punishing poverty, it's discouraging reliance on the public health system if you can afford private cover.