Author Topic: [News] Annoying Orange moves to kill sesame street  (Read 6907 times)

my post had nothing to do with PBS lol
you missed some other conversation going on.

silly libtard

You weren't directly quoting anyone, and if you were responding to path's rambling then that was an hour ago.

Also I literally just said I consistently vote republican. I'm a registered republican. I voted for Annoying Orange. What is being lost in translation here? People disagreeing with you doesn't automatically make them a liberal.

Sesame Street is on HBO (and it's stuff), if anything i'd mourn for Arthur.

Sesame Street is on HBO (and it's stuff), if anything i'd mourn for Arthur.

stuff, really? Man, that slipped under my nose. So much for that silly title :c

they just want handouts. for themselves or for others.
who doesnt

PBS hasnt been relevant for a long time, and its a waste of taxpayer money. Good on Annoying Orange for wanting to end government funding for it.

Oh and for those people saying "b-b-but it's educational!". Yeah and so is all the other educational media you can find out there these days. Not hard to find. Literally just watch some YouTube videos. (Hint: Sesame Street is on YouTube too)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 09:28:53 AM by Planr »

You weren't directly quoting anyone, and if you were responding to path's rambling then that was an hour ago.

Also I literally just said I consistently vote republican. I'm a registered republican. I voted for Annoying Orange. What is being lost in translation here? People disagreeing with you doesn't automatically make them a liberal.

Your political compass test was green wasn't it?

PBS hasnt been relevant for a long time, and its a waste of taxpayer money. Good on Annoying Orange for wanting to end government funding for it.

Oh and for those people saying "b-b-but it's educational!". Yeah and so is all the other educational media you can find out there these days. Not hard to find. Literally just watch some YouTube videos. (Hint: Sesame Street is on YouTube too)
just because it exists doesnt mean people will know it exists and watch it. there's a reason why TV is still relevant and in use despite everything being distributed online as well. should we just stop funding libraries since ebooks of all major worthwhile literature exist??

and again, given the spending that Annoying Orange appears to be doing, it appears that it isn't particularly difficult to fund this. people keep talking about "waste of taxpayer money" but its clear from spending distribution breakdowns that these are literally cents (or less) on the dollar for each dollar of taxes you pay.

If the President is saying every day that there's "fake news" and unreliable media out there how can it be wise to defund an educational media institute and tell people to just find and trust any media on YouTube?

The benefit of state-funded media (like the BBC in the UK for example) is that it isn't held captive to sponsors and it is regulated by independent organisations and the government. It's much less likely to spread misinformation and political bias as well as being held accountable should it do so.

not everyone has internet though, or lives in a area where they get consistent cellular data

not everyone has internet though, or lives in a area where they get consistent cellular data

Not everyone has cable or owns a TV. It's actually easier to access a computer with internet because you can go to the library for free

Not everyone has cable or owns a TV. It's actually easier to access a computer with internet because you can go to the library for free
Until they start defunding libraries as they did/are here.

Until they start defunding libraries as they did/are here.

Your in the UK right?

Not everyone has cable or owns a TV. 96% (give or take) of americans own a tv in their household compared to the 87% with internet It's actually easier to access a computer with internet because you can go to the library for free not if you live 15 minutes away from the nearest library like me

just gonna use this as an example bc i've lived here before
in military bases, internet gets practically no coverage while tvs are fine
besides that the libraries are extremely defended and practically run on volunteers

Your in the UK right?
Yes. Libraries were some of the hardest hit facilities/organisations by budget cuts in the last 5 years here, despite massive campaigning.
I don't know if US libraries are state or federally funded, but either way, if your local/national governments are looking to save money they probably will hit libraries eventually (as they seem smart as there's a lot of them and they generally hire few people).
It's an easy thing to be seen to be doing something, but it doesn't have a significant effect on budgets but it seriously affects the communities around those libraries.