Author Topic: Blogland: I'm Getting A New TV  (Read 2026 times)

guys how do i refill the plasma in my tv
Pick up a new one off the floor you Demon.

Pick up a new one off the floor you Demon.
dont forget to pour some of that plasma back into your demonic hole so you can have offspring

pretty dope
EBGames sells TVs now?

pretty dope
EBGames sells TVs now?
Nah, this was just an exclusive offer between EB Games and Sony for people who preordered the PS4 Pro as a kind of "thank you".

A problem I thought up today when thinking about my TV was the fact that uh...I didn't have a thing to put it on. Given that I wasn't going to be an uncivilised animal and chuck it on the floor, nor are the walls in my house strong enough to support a wall-mounted TV, I decided the best option was to go out and purchase a TV Cabinet.

By the time I left work to go shopping, it was already 3PM and any IKEA I could have reached would have been closed by the time I got there. For that reason, I decided to head down to the local shopping mall; after about an hour of indecisiveness, I purchased a small and sweet little thing that I could put my 5 consoles on and my games.

This loving box.

It weighed about a tonne, and my route home involved a 30 minute walk to the trains, a 5 minute train journey, a 10 minute walk to the buses, an hour long bus ride and then a 20 minute walk up and down a loving hill. As a part of this journey, I got the "clever" idea to drag the box along the tiled floors of the train station as it was easy to push than to carry...this would end up wrecking one of the corners on the the thing, but never mind that.

Construction went...smoothly? In James May style, I spent a lot more time organising and naming my tools and counting the individual screws than actually building the thing. After it all came together, getting my PS1, PS2 Slim, PS3 Super Slim, PS4 Pro and Xbox One S locked in was an easy job...if only I had enough power points for them all.

I'm doing to address the height issue (it's half the height of my bed) by buying another set of cabinets to rest it on later, but for the time being it's pretty perfect. I just need another power strip for the PS1, PS2 and Android phone charger (not enough USB slots on the consoles) and the TV itself.

whoa lego dimensions!!!1111

TV's are overrated, DLP HD projectors is where it is really at ;)  though really, it doesn't beat ANY TV, however, you can't really beat a movie experience on a quality home theater projector versus an ordinary TV.

Roughly 90 inch screen give or take, maximum size of 300 inches.  I plan to put up a new screen soon since I took down my original 75" screen since it was too small.  The new screen just arrived so it still needs time to flatten out on the floor as per the instructions

Apologies for bad photo quality, I just used my phone to take pictures rather than a real camera because I am too lazy.

Looks like it's coming tomorrow at noon. loving awesome.